Always acting like a kid...

So I get told by my YOUNGER brother that I act like a kid. I don't know what he means. I like to have fun. But from a dating standpoint, is this a turn-off?

I'm not going to change (I do improv afterall so I need my fun side), but a part of me does die a little tiny bit whenever he says that. It could be why I can't get dates. (Besides the fact that I am a commitment phobe.) I just get along with everyone of all ages and I can't help that.

I may be alone forever, but if you've experienced this or have an opinion, I would love to hear it.

Thanks. <3

Updates:
I am a fun-recluse, but I see the MORE reclusive girls getting more dates. Weird much? I thought guys like girls who are somewhat outgoing.

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• First off, I'm biased. I'm 23 and I still do a lot of things that most people my age deem inappropriate or weird. Things like watching cartoons, going out and not being afraid to be myself, playing board games with friends.

You are who you are, and that's totally okay. Admittedly, I'm having issues finding people to date as well - so either you and I are indeed turn-offs to the opposite gender, or we're both just needing to find someone who can accept that we don't need to take life as seriously as other people.

To answer your question, I personally don't find it a turn-off. I find girls that are more quiet than outgoing more attractive, but I do have a feeling that I'm in the minority there.

0|0
    0|0
  • It really depends. I've met girls who acted like a kid in an awful way. Really immature and annoying. Then I've met girls (and I'm specifically thinking of one in particular right now), where she was very playful and we would engage in banter, sounded like a couple of kids. It was because we were so comfortable around each other that we didn't feel embarrassed to do that sort of thing with each other.

It's hard to say, and probably varies from person to person. If you're like that 24/7 that might be the deal-breaker. The girl that I really fell for, we could switch to philosophical deep conversation whenever we felt like, and often did. Balance is key.

0|1
    0|0
    • Yeah, I get in deep conversations about serious stuff too. Thank you sir.

Recommended myTakes