What does it take to be a male model?( for the girls)

I've been considering giving modeling a shot since people tell me I should try. I'm told I'm very handsome quite often, although I don't know how much that compliments means for someone who is trying to get into modeling. I would assume all models are handsome. Anyways I don't have a picture of myself because I'm not fishing for compliments. I will say I'm about 6"2" and slim(not ripped). It may also be worth nothing that most outright compliments are women that are 30 and over but I also hear similar things from women my own age. I'm 21 By the way. What do you girls think the criteria is for a male model?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I know you said you're not fishing for compliments, but you would get far better answers if you posted a photo. Also, you may be getting compliments from older women because they are more confident . They wouldn't be intimidated by you because you are younger.

Anyways, your height is good for modelling. I think agencies look for guys with a strong bone structure, and interesting features, like something that sets you apart from the average guy on the street. That may be large lips, wide set eyes, big bushey eyebrows or whatever. You don't always need to be super muscular for runway anyway, so that's not a problem. You would probably get more work if you did have a toned body though. The best thing to do is send some photos off to different agencies and see what they think, because being "hot" isn't always what they're after. Sometimes having an unusual/quirky look is very appealing to them also. You should definitely go for it, and try your luck. A friend of mine landed a Burberry campaign not too long ago, and he's travelling the world working. Good luck!

0|0
    0|0
    • thank you that was very helpful

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• You do know that anyone can be a model right, just not always for the big esthetic brands or runways.

Anyway, if you say you are handsome, I believe you. What is important is that your face is symmetrical, your skin is immaculate and you have straight teeth.

Taking pictures is easy. Anyone can look like they are bored out of their mind, besides, the rest is photoshop anyway.

0|0
    0|0
  • 6'2'' is perfect modeling height, I have a friend that does it but he's really toned...And you have to have some natural good looks.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd you'd be wise to take a crack at it. I know you do have to be at least 6'0 to do runway as a male. Also male fashion models are more slim

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes