Why do homsexuals want to get married?

I know this is a controversial issue. But what I don't understand is why can't they just live together? Why does marriage have to come into the picture...Do they want the legal and economic benefits that heterosexual couples have as well? I am just a little bit confused about what they really want.

158

Most Helpful Girl

• Besides fighting for basic human rights, which should be a given; here's a link to help enlighten you on the extras marriage entails

link

Also in regards to your comment about children- yes it's true that it's difficult for homosexual couples to adopt, however marriage would be a step closer in the direction needed to gain those rights as well. Change isn't instantaneous. You need progression to reach the ideal result.

In case you have any concerns on regards to homosexuals raising children

link

And an example of why the marriage title is very important, and why not being able to marry is discrimination.

link

I hope some of this helps you see why it's such a big deal.

• Holy Shit finally somebody with a brain answers my question. Thank You!

• lol no problem and thanks for the BA!