Girls: What do you mean by 'lol' in texts?

I speak to this girl often and after she asks me a question like "what are you doing" and I answer with something like "researching tablets" and then she answers with "that sounds exciting, lol", what does she mean?

Like, I know she's not laughing out loud, haha, why does she include lol, it's so frustrating.

She says 'lol' a lot. At first I kept letting it go, but she says it so much at such inappropriate times it makes me think she's like awkward out by everything I say.

71

Most Helpful Girl

• Hahah I do the same thing... It's nothing to worry about, it's just habit really. I know I do it to make sure people know I'm not super serious, and also to make the text look better? Like adding a smiley face or something... You're just reading too far into it, so just relax! It's most likely nothing :)