Girls: What do you mean by 'lol' in texts?

I speak to this girl often and after she asks me a question like "what are you doing" and I answer with something like "researching tablets" and then she answers with "that sounds exciting, lol", what does she mean?

Like, I know she's not laughing out loud, haha, why does she include lol, it's so frustrating.

She says 'lol' a lot. At first I kept letting it go, but she says it so much at such inappropriate times it makes me think she's like awkward out by everything I say.

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Hahah I do the same thing... It's nothing to worry about, it's just habit really. I know I do it to make sure people know I'm not super serious, and also to make the text look better? Like adding a smiley face or something... You're just reading too far into it, so just relax! It's most likely nothing :)

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• It sounds like she's not trying to sound overly sarcastic... Saying "That's exciting." To something that's obviously not doesn't encourage any response from you. Also it can be interpretted as somewhat b*tchy. Sounds like she wants to keep the conversation going even if she's unsure how to respond to your responses.

0|0
    0|0
  • She may be the type of girl that uses it as a filler or to make her responses sound less serious. It can be really annoying, but she probably does it to most people she texts without even thinking about it.

0|0
    0|0
  • It means we are laughing :P

Or she just doesn't know what to say.

0|0
    0|0
  • She doesn't have anything else to say.

0|0
    0|0
  • Its like a slight chuckle.

0|0
    0|0
  • So that she doesn't sound like a bitch.

0|0
    0|0
  • Its a habit. don't think too much about it.

She probably just wants to make it sound less formal/serious, sorta like adding a " :) " or a " :D "

maybe she used to use smileys, but then someone told her it was annoying or uncool, so she changed to " lol"s

i don't think it means she's 'awkwarded out'

0|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes