If a father gives a bad example does it mean the son will be the same as him?

A lot of people say "like father, like son" is this true? In my family my grandfather used to drink a lot and became violent. My fathers Never ever laid a hand on us or ever got drunk. But would this be the case if my guys father in terms of midlife crisis and running off with a younger woman? I do think about this a lot is it genetic or a conscious decision?

14

Most Helpful Guy

• Actually, my old man's constant cheating inspired me as to what NOT to do in a relationship lol.