Short story plot twist?

I have to write a short story, but I have no plot in mind... so fat I have this police guy catching a little street kid stealing his wallet. What should happen next? Can someone think up an ending for me? It needs a 'twist' in the end :)

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Is that all? Like, he catches the urchin and gives him some bad noise and then there's a twist and that's your story? That's REALLY short.

Is there any backstory, here? Like, why's he picking pockets, what's going on?

One angle could be; the kid is some lowly Romanichal gypsy, or something, who's been lifted and taken in by this Child Groomer who keeps a fetish of kids in his old house, and does terrible lecherous things to them, and makes them go out pick-pocketing.

So, in media res, kid is picking the pocket of the officer, officer catches him, gives him bad noise and takes him down to the station to find out who his parents are or whatever. So he's sitting down at the pen while the officer is making phone calls, and then he's taken into another room. The kid starts having memories, like the initial memories, the set-up, to being lifted from his gypsy lifestyle and taken in by the terrible child groomer, and made to go pick-pocketing. Then everyone knows the story. Then, the officer comes out and lets him go, and he trots on home to the Place where he lives, back to the groomer.

And then, whaddaya know, the child groomer is wearing a big top police uniform, and we overhear a conversation between him and some politician, telling him he's gonna get caught on if he keeps releasing all the kids, and he tells him 'I'm economising enough - I'm just rescuing my favourites, now.' or whatever. And then the kid slinks back and has no idea what's going on, really, and nothing changes.

Twists suck, though, all twists are really bad.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• How about the kid stole the cop's wallet because he's got a drug habit and needed cash to score some drugs...and the cop gives the kid a big lecture about being a screw up, how he's wasting his life, etc...but eventually it's revealed that the cop's kid is the one selling him the drugs...something along those lines, but you can fill in the rest of the details & choose how you want the story to end.

1|0
    0|0
  • Well, since the police guy is "so fat", you could just have him chase the kid, the kid pulls out a gun, but then realizes that the cop is his father. The cop/father is frightened by the gun, the kid lowers the gun, but it's too late and the "so fat" cop gets a heart attack and dies.

Boom! You've been M. Night Shaymalamalamadamadingdong'd!

1|0
    0|0
  • the cop has the kid drive around with him for the rest of the day and shows the kid why not to be a criminal then when the cop gets a call of a robbery he reports to the scene and gets killed, the robber gets thrown in prison and the kid realizes that he doesn't want to go to prison...

1|0
    0|0
  • You should scrap that, not easy enough to work with.

How about something along the lines of,

Boy sees a beautiful girl, she drops her wallet (keeping that concept) and goes through trials to give it back to her, only to find out it's just a beautiful dude!

mind blown

1|0
    0|0
  • I t turns out the steeet kid is actually the policeman's son or nephew, you decide..at the end, the policeman discovers what happened in the boy's life.

0|0
    0|0
  • He stole a cops wallet?

How long does this story need to be?

I guess you have a scenario of how the kid stole the cops wallet & why.

The ending could be that the cop took the kid home & realized he stole the wallet for food his baby sister.

If you really want to get demented he stole the wallet because his mothers boyfriend needed money for crack, he was afraid if he didn't get the money the boyfriend was going to hurt them or he thought he would die because he was going through withdrawals.

Can't the kid be chasing after the person who lost the wallet to give it back. The cop thought the kid stole the wallet. The ending the cop locates the lady & the cop gives him a reward.

1|0
    0|0
  • maybe the police and the kind end up becoming friends since the police sees the kid is just victim of how cruel life is.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes