I got a number from a female bartender in her 20's? I'm in my 40's.

So I have been going out to this one bar/restaurant for a few days know and been talking to this one female bartender in her early 20's. We have been talking and she gave me her number I didn't ask for it she gave it to me. I would call this girl a 9 and at best I'm a 6 maybe 7. Is she just curious about me or do I have a chance?
Updates:
So we were to go out last night but I got a stomach flu and had to cancel at last minute. I was thinking about sending her some flowers just to say sorry since I did cancel on such short notice. Good Idea or bad Idea

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Sounds like she's interested in you, either non-platonically or as a friend. It can't hurt to start talking to her a bit and see where it goes from there. Realistically keep in mind that she may just be interested in having a friendship with you.

Also, age and how attractive you perceive yourself to be sometimes have nothing to do with how attracted someone is to you. I've been with a guy significantly older than me before. I wouldn't even say he was the best looking guy in the world. But really I didn't care because there was no one else I'd rather talk to at the end of the day and emotional attraction makes physical attraction stronger.

1|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• She's curious and you may have a chance. There's a lot to be said about an older man. He's often figured out to talk to a girl like she's a human being, and not some alien he's trying to get sex from. The maturity is obvious and attractive. Just keep in mind it may be completely about friendship, or a short fling she's interested in.

1|0
    0|0
  • Bad idea! You don't need to apologize for anything by way of flowers. You were sick and were looking out for her best interests, right? ;)

Simply say that you're sorry for the short notice and that you didn't think it was appropriate for her to be taking care of her on your first night out :). Reschedule with her and you'll probably be good to go.

Sending flowers will demonstrate neediness. Don't do that!

0|0
    0|0
  • Girls don't typically hand out their numbers just because. I would take that as a sign of interest, absolutely. Continue to engage her and see if you two can go out to get to know each other a little bit better. Won't know if she wants to be friends or interested in more unless you go for it!

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes