+1 y

Being Single Really Bothers Me. Does it Make Me Pathetic?

Hey, everyone.

So, as the title says, being single really bothers me. Ever since I was a teenager, I knew that I didn't like being alone, and when I'm single, that's exactly how I feel. I've never been the popular type, which means that I don't exactly have a lot of friends to hang out with, occupy my free time with, and make me feel wanted...

Now, I'm also a big believer in the concept of Astrological Signs and how the play into our everyday lives, and one of the traits of my sign, The Gemini, is the desire for companionship; for love. I believe that this is a big part of the reason that I don't like being single; why it makes me feel rather unhappy and miserable.

This, of course, is not to say that I'm never happy, because I'm not always miserable and lonely, however, I do feel that way quite often, especially when I'm out somewhere and see all of the happy couples, holding hands, hugging, smiling, etc. It makes me wonder to myself, why I can't have that... Why I can't have someone to make me smile, and someone that I can make smile; someone to text before I go to bed and when I wake up in the morning... Someone to hold hands with when we're out places, and cuddle on the couch with when we're watching movies. I miss all of those things.

I'm not the type of guy to brag about having a girlfriend; I'm not craving a relationship just to be able to parade some "Arm Candy" around everywhere that I go. No, I could care less about things like that... What I care about, is having someone to share my everything with; my thoughts, my feelings, my belongings... my time! Someone to call my own, and have them call me theirs too. A special girl to be happy with, and to make happy.

Does this make me pathetic? I've often had family, friends and even total strangers that it does; that it's pathetic that being single has so large and effect on me, but I don't see why it does. To me, it seems like simple, everyday human emotion, yet, nevertheless, these things that people have said have gotten me wondering if maybe I really am pathetic in this aspect of life. That's where I'm hoping you all will come in.

Thanks in advance for your answers, and I'm sorry that this question was so long, lol!
3
1