+1 y

Does my guy buddy miss our time and talks together despite having a girlfriend now?

My guy buddy decided to get back with his ex after months of spending time with me. I was crushed because I thought it's about time we took our friendship to the next level. I had no idea he still have feelings for his ex. All this was a shock to me. We can't hang out like we used to anymore and I miss him terribly. I miss our walks and talks. Does he even miss our time together? We went from spending 3-4 days in a week meeting each other to only once a week (planned appointment instead of spontaneous meet) now. Apart from texting in a group chat with another close friend, we don't even text privately anymore. My rationale was that I know I need to get over him. He chose someone else over me. I thought I should also give him the space he need now that he's got a girlfriend and maybe he wants to be a good boyfriend now by not hanging out with other girls anymore. Before we both broke up with our exes, we did secretly hang out together (his girlfriend works in another state) a couple of times and I felt then he was attracted to me. It was during the time we were both single again that we got extra close and did a lot of stuff together. We didn't cross the boundary, just flirted a little. I wasn't really sure about how he feel about me. I feel like I've lost not only a potential boyfriend but also a friend. I accept that but does he not miss me at all? He knows how I feel about him. Anyone been through this, I mean, as the one who chose someone else over your buddy. Did you miss your time with your best friend even when you are busy in love?
+1 y
He texted me last night. We chatted about something I wanted to sell and he knows someone interested in it. Then he commented I didn't go to the gym yesterday. I told him I forgot to bring my gym clothes and besides I went the day before and another day this week (that's why I missed him cause I didn't see him, that's the time we walk, talk and dine after). He said he was sick. Then he asked if I was going for a dinner our friend invited us to. I don't know if this means he missed me. What should I do?
1
3