+1 y

What does my ex mean by this? I don't understand his behavior. Does he care?

My ex and I dated for 8 months. Both 20 years old, attend same college, same major/classes and involved in same activities. My roommates are his good friends. We had a good relationship, we were happy but we argued towards the end a bit. He broke it off with me crying saying, he loves me but needs time alone, feels that he's hurting me too much,and needs to focus on medical school and that I care about him more than he feels he cares for me.

Overall, he has viritues I really admire. I would like to get back with him. At school, things have been friendly but kind of awkward. We hung out as a group and he gave me a very intimate hug when I was leaving a few weeks ago. Then the week later, kinda ignored me. Very hot and cold. I noticed this change when he asked me to lunch one day and I turned him down nicely because I had plans with someone else.

He's kept this behavior up and I found he was angry at my roommates because he beleives they're piciking sides. I went to talk to him and this is how the convo went. this is my dilemma.

Me: "i just want to let you know, I have no ill will towards you. I don't want their to be any awkwardness or animosity between us. It has to come to my attention that you feel angry towards our friends because you believe they're picking sides. This is something I worried about and I want to apologize for any hurt this may have caused you or any hurt I may have caused in the past. I will speak to them about this. I also want to thank you for the lessons you have taught me when we were together because you have influenced my life in a positive way, I have a lot of time to reflect and am working on bettering myself in a positive light"

Him: During this conversation, he was pretty cold and bitter. He wasn't how he was when I saw him the week before, when he gave me the intimate hug. He barely looked me in the eyes. But he was like "you have nothing to apolgize for, you have done no wrong. But thank you for the apology, I appreciate it and it means a lot to me for you to say that. I'm glad that you're happy. I have a lot of respect for you, I'm not trying to hurt you. I've been distant because others have been distant. If you feel I'm mad at you, is there a reason for me to be mad at you? Then he played the victim about the friend thing.

Then he mentioned, I notcied you joined a lot of activites. I'm glad. its good for you. (this was condescending) and he's like I read your twiiter. I read everything you say, so just so you know, watch what you say. This was not how I expected the converstion to go. He was nice at momemnts and then cold and aloof at others.

So I was like, I don't want to keep you but I have to get going and he got up to leave and walked away and said

"No hug?" So I went up to him and gave him a hug, this wasn't a friendly hug. it lasted for 40 seconds. And I told him I missed and cherrished the friendship we have, and he disengaged and said "good luck studying" The next day he was friendly. I'm confused please explain this.
3
0