Scientists Think Music Makes Men More Attractive. What Do You Think?

Today, I want to share an amazing scientific research with you guys. I was shocked once I read this and I think this is going to make you surprised like me. Here you go :)

According to the scientists at Vienna University's Faculty of Psychology, music has a remarkable impact on the attractiveness of men. The results of the study show that male faces who had just listened to music are found more attractive by the opposite sex.

As the starting point of this research, “Facial attractiveness is one of the most important physical characteristics that can influence the choice of a partner. We wanted to find out how music can alter the perception of this feature” says Professor Helmut Leder from the Faculty of Psychology at the University of Vienna.

In this academic experiment, the scientist took pictures of a bunch of men who had just listened to music and showed these pictures to the target women audience. There were also regular pictures of other men. Women participants found the men more attractive in the special pictures. Naturally. there are tons of other tests, surveys and research methods to prove this hypothesis. The scientists proved their argument eventually after all scientific process.

The science thinks that it is possible and what's your opinion?

2034

Join the discussion

What Guys Said 34

• 4d

It makes perfect sense to me. After listening to music (preferably stuff that gets me feeling energized and invincible, like rock & roll), my confidence levels increase, too. And as everyone knows, confidence is one of the most attractive traits in either gender.

• Most likely just the mood of the surroundings and having things feel a little different sometimes. It might make a guy seem a little more attractive, but wouldn't really. Just an illusion of sorts.

• 7d

I'm curious to know if the type of music the person listened to might also have an impact on attractiveness? What if they listened to really sad music. Happy people are seen as more attractive, so maybe they were seen as more attractive because they looked happier?

• 7d

It sounds very interesting! Good MyTake! Except the source is lacking. Hmm... think I'll be dusting off the old Tellytubbies soundtrack then..

• 4d

What if a guy can kill a song on the guitar. Imagine going home with him and he picks up the guitar to play you a song. Plays it perfect and nails the singing as well plus its a song you like. Does his attractiveness go up any. Coz if a girl done that for me id be starry eyed after

• 4d

What about the control group? Does it have to be music? Can't it be a comedy, a play, a good book or just a spa session?

• I'm skeptical.

• There is one more study where it was proven that girls who provides mytakes with no evidences are less likely to get attention. Some 35 girls were randomly picked for this study and were told to post my takes with evidences or no evidences. None of the males give fucks to those who wrote mytake with no evidences.

• 5d

Music shows the persons taste and depth in thought, awesome. I personally use music to play the crowds emotions when djing

• 7d

I think maybe from the point of view of mood, it might work - You listen to a good piece of music, it relaxes you thus making you more attractive but one wonders can a good book, a good movie or a good conversation do the same.

• I like music a lot... must be why I'm dead sexy.

• 3d

Probably has nothing to do with the music itself, but with the men just being more at ease.

• 5d

Could be some truth to that since people are attracted to happier people

• I disagree

• I don't really buy it.

• seems I am pretty unattractive

• I do think so, just like beer makes girls more attractive.

• Thank You

• 4d

It shows they have feelings.

• 7d

I can see it. People like other people who have energy. Energy is something that can be connected to a display of optimism. Optimism in turn, can really rub off onto others.

• More from Guys
    14

What Girls Said 20

• If they can prove it, it sounds like a valid hypothesis.

• seems that they have already proved!

• I wonder what type of music they used when testing their theory. Music ranges all the way from Baroque to death metal.

• Lol I don't think it does

• 7d

I don't know about that lol, but I do know that if a guy listens to music that I consider good, or I find it interesting and nice, then yeah, I do find him more attractive. Nothing about his face changes though. It's just the fact that he listens to good music, that's what I find attractive

• 5d

a lot of people love to see Happy, Smiling etc Music makes most people happy/smile so I guess that is how it works.

• 6d

Huh!
    So weird!

It might just be true.
    Music is something internally processed and your own reaction to it is true to you - so you might be your purest self while you're still under than influence.

• No, I don't really agree with that. If someone is attractive then they're just attractive.. music or no music.

• First, I want your sources. Second, I think it has more to do with if a guy MAKES music instead of just popping in some headphones

• Well, the music can make the guy more confident. Girls are drawn to confident guys.

• 7d

Sometimes I think the whole social awkward scientist thing must be true.

Maybe it's juste, but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that music has an effect on your mood. Your mood has an effect on your facial expressions. Your facial expressions effect your attractiveness.

Yes I think it's true.

• 3d

Anything is possible!

• 4d

that's neat and makes sense

• 3d

I like boys with great music taste so it will do.

• i agree on this because i met this REALLY cute guy at my college and we hung out at school, then we started facetiming and the 1st time he serenaded me with his piano

• 4d

Listening to music before bedtime can help you sleep better

• 7d

I think it is true.

• 6d

Yeah, I think if a guy is relaxed and in a good mood, naturally I am going to be more interested in talking to him, same with chicks too. And music is one of those ways to get there.

I love to crank the radio on the way to a fun event so I am all jazzed up to have a good time, and I am sure that makes people find me more attractive, even just as a person they want to talk to, befriend, dance with.

• 7d

Totally.

I don't think I've ever had a crush that wasn't in music somehow. My first crush used to sing to me on the playground in Kindergarten. Other crushes played the trumpet or loved the same music I do in middle school. Now, my boyfriend in high school plays the trombone.

I'm a huge music person, too, which I guess attracts me to musical guys.

• I agree it

• I can see why that might be

• personally, absoulte fucking yes
    always liked guys who did music stuff; drummer, singer, guitar player, and pianist so..
    same goes with sports as well but not really into really bulky football players tho

• I play and sing, Only few girls like me.

• there are no evidences though

• 7d

Im a singer, lead guitarist and composer with 22 years experience. Im also devilishly handsome and irresistable to ALL women. So, ms Anonymous (if that IS your real name. Which I DOUBT)... get in my bath!! (Credit: Weinstein)