How to Lose a Guy...

Just like the 2003 movie "How To Lose a Guy in 10 Days", we females thought we have been loving our guys all along but we have been doing it wrong sending the poor guy away running for the hills.

Let me count the ways:

How to Lose a Guy...

Pursuing him instead of him pursuing you.

Males like the thrill of the chase. They like to go after a confident attractive woman who caught their wandering eyes. They like to be challenged; after all, it's the caveman in them who go hunt for their food. But when the food/prey delivers itself to them, it will be no challenge at all. They feel they didn't work hard enough to get it and thus don't take pride of the "catch" as much as actually going out there pursuing it. Don't get me wrong, I admire women who know what or who they want and go out there to get it. But some men get intimidated by these women so they end up losing interest if there was interest to begin with.

How to Lose a Guy...

No mystery.

Males like to explore just like the primitive caveman. He wants to explore every crevice, line, curve, corner, freckle, mark of every beautiful woman he meets or anything that catches his fancy. When a woman shows it all, he doesn't have to discover anything since it's all been given to him. There is no more room for the imagination. The more mysterious a woman is, the more it tickles his fantasies and pushes his curiosity to get to know more of her. A sexy woman in a sexy Daisy Dukes shorts is a sight to behold but sometimes a man likes to see all that sexiness only showing to him behind closed doors.

How to Lose a Guy...

Overdramatic.

We all have our bad days but to some females, there is never enough drama to fill their day. That the world is one big soap opera with their antagonists trying to get in between her and her lovelife or her career or whatever else minor inconvenience that causes her to grab her box of tissues and cry out leaving the man in her life tearing his hair out not knowing what to do to console her damsel in distress. Males like to be their ladies' knight in shining armor but too much drama is enough to get this knight galloping away with his stead.

How to Lose a Guy...

Nagging/mothering him.

Guys like to be babied. But not to the extent you are forgetting that you are not their mother but their significant other. They like to be showered with love and affection but not hurled with insults, complaints and expected to change to make their "mother/wife/gf" happy. Yes it is nice to cook for him, do his laundry, take care of him when he's sick but to expect him to be a good little boy all the time is not only suffocating him but also makes him question if it's even worthy staying.

How to Lose a Guy...

Marking territory.

When Kate Hudson took all her girly stuff over to Matthew Mcconaughey's bachelor pad, he totally lost it. Why wouldn't he? Sure a woman can forget some of her stuff at her man's place after a night, but to leave them there purposely and clutter the place is crossing the line. A man needs his man cave. Let him ask you to move in with him and make his home yours. Then you can go all Martha Stewart on his and your place.

How to Lose a Guy...

Smothering him.

Men like their alone time away from the hustle and bustle of the world. Yes even away from his woman. But if a woman spends all her waking time checking up on him, where he’s at, what he’s doing, who is he with and what time will he give her the attention she craves for will drive him away. It’s the thought that counts yes she is just a thoughtful girlfriend who loves her man but too much of it is downright annoying and disrespectful of his time. Woman, get a life. Show him you have a life besides him and show him why he fell in love with you in the first place. Be the same beautiful confident attractive sexy girl you are before he came into your life.

How to Lose a Guy...

Talking him down/giving him unsolicited advice.

Men like to keep to themselves especially if they are going through rough patches in their life and crying/pouring their heart out is frowned upon by society. But as his partner, being sensitive to his feelings is one thing he needs from you. However, he doesn’t want you to assume he is being neglectful or he loves you less but he is going through internal turmoil that only he can fix with your understanding and love. He doesn’t need you to talk him down, not trust him with his decisions and worse give him your unsolicited advice. He is a grown ass man and he will turn to you when he needs to for your words of wisdom. So trust him. But if you don’t, he will shy away...

How to Lose a Guy...

You are too much to handle.

I cringe just listening to some women say I want a man who can handle me. Unless you’re a wild animal but you are a woman. :P Beautiful and fragile. How are you hard to handle? Just let him love you and let him be the man he is around and with you.

How to Lose a Guy...

There are so many other ways to drive a man away or make him lose attraction but these are the most common mistakes we women do. Yes we love our men! They are the thorns to our roses, the night to our day, the maple syrup to our pancakes, the cheese to our burger lol.

How to Lose a Guy...Thanks for the time reading.

Xo Pinay_ako

1538
Pinay_ako is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Most Helpful Guy

• I agree with most. But I really don't mind a girl pursuing me if I'm attracted to her as well. Or that she shows that she's interested in me also. Then I don't feel like I'm heading to a dead end and wasting my time.

Also, I'm the bacon to your burger.

• I know what you mean about the pursuing... I like to make my move when I need to. But some guys will think a woman is too aggressive or thirsty especially if the feeling isn't mutual. That's why sometimes it's best to wait but not too long...

• Thanks for the MHO Pinay!

Join the discussion

What Guys Said 37

• "Pursuing him instead of him pursuing you."

Nein. For me that is exactly how you lose me if you let me do all the work while you do nothing. I will just move on to somebody, who will keep responding to me.

"No mystery."

Irrelevant to me

"Overdramatic."

This is on point!

"Nagging/mothering him"

Oh fuck ja, nagging is literally slowly killing me! If you make the relationship more stressful than loving, then it's time to reconsider it.
    I am unsure about the mothering part, so I can't say.

"Marking territory."

It depends... I could cohabit with a nice lady and we would either have our own sides or combined.

"Smothering him."

That is sort of accurate. Some things can be processed only alone and sometimes I need to be.

"Talking him down/giving him unsolicited advice."

One word: Ja!

"You are too much to handle."

Pfft... This goes without saying.
    If you are a high maintenance female, then you would need to seek a sugar daddy because I am not.
    Or if you are the type, who tends to release her inner, angry bitch and then expect to be "put into her place" by a man, then seek someone, who is into these 50 shades of grey kind of things and let him manipulate you as you asked for or find someone as damaged and irresponsible as you are.

"Yes we love our men!"

☺☺☺ I always love reading this from women ♥💖
    And I love women ♥👩👩👩💕🤗🤗🤗💞

"They are the thorns to our roses, the night to our day, the maple syrup to our pancakes"

☺☺☺
    And women are our tulips in the garden, our sunshine at day and the stars at night (: ♥

• If a guy chases a girl too hard, he looks needy and the girl gets turned off. She wants a guy that gives her room to chase him cause it looks like he has other options and she isn't a priority. So she thinks she'll lose him if she doesn't chase him back.

Wow what a mindfuck dating is.

• I don't think the first one should apply to all relationships. Some guys hate the chase, some love. At the end of the day it's all about being and true to who you are and being honest with the other person. If you want someone you should go after them regardless of what gender you are. If your a girl and you think that because your a girl, you don't have to put in as much effort in to getting with him, then I do not that you are ready for a serious relationship. Things need to be 50/50.

• " Guys like to be babied " Very strongly disagree on THAT one , I am quite the reverse , esp as a single dad , that has been independent since 17. No mystery = irrelevant to most men. However you are VERY correct on nagging , talking down / being condescending , unnecessary drama. " Too much to handle " normally = selfish , demanding and viewing herself as above him. " Yes we love our men! " , a lot of women certainly do NOT love men.

• Overall a good take , most points are true , to be fair the " media " does brainwash girls / women to view men as incompetent , thirsty morons that think solely about sex , contributing to a generally anti male sentiment / " my needs come first " attitude in most Western countries.

• The rest are correct. The first two are totally wrong. The pursuit needs to be two ways. A woman who doesn't pursue me back obviously isn't interested. I don't go for that "hard to get" bullshit. It's dishonesty--but a too many women prefer to be dishonest, sadly.

As for mystery--yeah, I call that "keeping secrets" and "hiding things". Last woman I was with (not my wife) who had a whole bunch of "mystery" about her was actually screwing around and doing her best to hide it from me. "Mystery" is another word for "lies a lot".

• What I meant by the pursuit is when the woman does all the chasing without the guy doing anything at all. And about being mysterious is not being an open book to all. Meaning not blasting her life story on social media or baring her body to the world.

• I hate chasing girls

it's kinda annoying... like they're playing games

Some games can get boring

• The worst thing a woman can do is get pissed off when a guy doesn't reply to her text in a timely manner. We have more important things to do than text. Everybody does.

• Will you Marry me?
    I've been preaching this shit for years, and females don't fucking listen... and here you come and fucking KILL IT... you Killed it, i couldn't even find anything wrong to come at. Sure, you didn't cover Everything, but the things you covered, Absolutely... On... The... FUCKING... Point!!!

When i saw the topic, my first thought was "... by being a 'regular' girl?", then i read the rest and wow... just... WOW... KILLED IT!!
    *slow clap*... it takes a lot to impress me, and you darling, impressed me. This was a Glorious Take. Nice to know there are still women out there with a brain who care how a guy feels... most girls just think about themselves only.
    Looking forward to more from you.

• I disagree with most of this. Thanks for sharing, though.

• How to Lose a Guy?
    Just tell him you had bigger dicks than his.

• nah just tell him ur dick is way bigger than his and that u wanna fuck his dad lol

• Love it !
    First two points are a little bit questionable (just a tad) !!!
    But otherwise !
    Good job !

• I agree with some of your points, but others make me think that you don't understand men very well. Otherwise, not a bad take.

• Nice Take. Some things in there that definitely resound with me the most, especially the part about a woman's drama and moodiness driving me away. I'm dealing with that right now too and it pisses me off.

This right here is BOMB: "I cringe just listening to some women say I want a man who can handle me. Unless you’re a wild animal but you are a woman. Beautiful and fragile. How are you hard to handle? Just let him love you and let him be the man he is around and with you."

Word of the goddamn century. Just awesome.

• I think first 2 won't scare me away, more of opposite.

• In the beginning you said "How to lose a guy in 10 days"... well, this is how you'd lose me in 10 ways, like immediately :D

• Trust me we'll know you have borderline personality disorder before you do.

• lesson here is to never take a movie as fact. Its no different than one person saying the world is flat

• Meh I don't want to date an emotionless robot. My girl used to avoid doing all these things to the point where she was acting like a person she wasn't... she was thinking it would push me away if she acted on those urges, but her acting like she had no emotion literally pushed me away more. It initially made me uncomfortable in the relationship because I'm not good with emotions or showing affection so none of us were initiating those conversations. I told her it's okay to be a girl and be overdramatic sometimes and cry.. or even be irrational at times. I don't want to date a fucking emotionless dude... I'm into feminity and feminity sometimes means that you end up doing all the things above once in a while. Let's me know that she's human and that she cares about me and that she's a fucking woman. Save me all the head games, please. If you want to lose a guy, then act like an emotionless robot. See how far that gets you lol.

• She dint need to loose me, I’ll be gone before the biiih even knows

• Do you know what a Shit Test is?
    Sounds like you do though you haven't called it by name

• Disagree with the chasing bit.

• I know what you mean. My male co worker said he wants the girl to chase him too. :)

• Yeah, it's just nice to feel desired, I get why women can feel remiss to give up that role.

• This was a great take @Pinay_ako. Well done! 😘

• yea, pretty good

• tell him to get lost

• lol ok that one's easy

• why is it not easy you only have to say the words dont be walked on you can see whats going on you are a strong minded woman

• Very well done

• Interesting.

• Haha and that's why we Fuck around

• Great

• Keep the severed heads of your exes in your closet

• Great mytake!!!

• Show more from Guys
    7

What Girls Said 15

• so he wants to hunt a wild animal but dater a stepford wife. im neither. PASS.

the problem with these takes of which there seem to be an unending stream - as if everyone has not heard it already- is you are talking about men that many women would be happy to lose. it is not world advice. its a very narrow very sexist portion of the population.

when predators hunt they EAT their kill. its just a ficked up analogy that must stop.

the rest of the donts just tell me any time a woman has a view its going to be twisted into drama by the guy. and that the writer and men being written about assume women are idiotic trifling and psychotic and need advice on how to be a sane person, and the guy himself being stunted, not handle an adult relationship where BOTH parties are adult relationship where everyone is a rational autonomous being with their own views preferences needs and abilities and AGENCY (dating advice for women seems to thrive on blocking that last fact out). . .

The take home message i get here is there are people who still believe women are fully grown children and men are narcissistic badly behaved frat boys.

and being a full adult with agency and dignity I would not want to date any men the take is catering to. Nor would i date the author.

No sane person needs to be told love is not being a crazy stalker psycho. Being assertive is not crazy. its not poor judgement. Its not a 'mistake' People often don't work out. Not everyone is compatible-like rational women and men who expect women to be well behaved pets. Rather than accepting that fact and instead trying to reduce women into simpering idiots, is not 'wisdom'. It is derogatory propaganda against Women's ability to reason, that boosts some mens ego & makes them feel important. That is where your five up votes comes from.

• A. k. a: this Take really hit a nerve lol.

• Uh huuuuuuh. If it were the other way around you'd be fine with it.

• @ManOnFire

I don't see what you are on about. When people write articles with the premise being men are naturally crazy , or they should be under the whim of a woman to have successful dating, i equally disagree.

• I'm guilty of some of these situations and ik it... I have to change but change takes time and mutual help in the relationship, he is helping me a lot because he's the sweetest on Earth and he's my love, mine and only mine❣️
    Whoops I am doing it again...

Anyway I agree! Thank you for writing this introspective reflecting take!
    thumbs.gfycat.com/...uefintuna-size_restricted.gif

• "I cringe just listening to some women say I want a man who can handle me." yup this is a red flag for both genders. its an euphimism to say i'm crazy and intolerable. and in general the traits you mentioned are red signs.

• Someone should listen to herself speak lol
    Great take.
    Its so true though. So many women push their men away because of these reasons. Follow this, I promise you, they will be happier.
    If the shoe was on the other foot, how would you feel?

• 4sec
      I don't think the first one should apply to all relationships. Some guys hate the chase, some love. At the end of the day it's all about being and true to who you are and being honest with the other person. If you want someone you should go after them regardless of what gender you are. If your a girl and you think that because your a girl, you don't have to put in as much effort in to getting with him, then I do not that you are ready for a serious relationship. Things need to be 50/50.

• oh, I love how to lose a guy in ten days... and the ugly truth :)

• Well, shit. You live and learn. Great and accurate take by the way.

• 4sec
      I don't think the first one should apply to all relationships. Some guys hate the chase, some love. At the end of the day it's all about being and true to who you are and being honest with the other person. If you want someone you should go after them regardless of what gender you are. If your a girl and you think that because your a girl, you don't have to put in as much effort into getting with him, then I do not that you are ready for a serious relationship. Things need to be 50/50.

• how was that accurate lol tf

• @Volvagia from personal experience it was. I did most of those things with my first and so far only boyfriend who is now my ex. It’s nice to see in the comments that not everyone is like that.

• "Pursuing him instead of him pursuing you"

Very questionable. I don't think it has anything to do with being mysterious either.

• the first one... this guy lost interest in me immediately. lol

• Some of these things don't always apply to everyone but nice take!

• According to this, my boyfriend is going to leave lol

• what a shit take

• Thank you :)

• I get you don't agree with it but you really have to be so angry about it?

• i'm not angry, I'm just being critical.

• Good take

• good take!

• Loved that movie.
    Funny take. 👍

• Interesting