Don't like girlfriends family. Is that a bad thing?

Posting for my brother.Basiclly he has been datin his girl for 7 months. My bro has a college degree just graduated last Dec.He has been struggling hard to find a real job since graduatin. He is sendin resumes everyday. He has been on interviews but has not landed any jobs.He is currently servin as his occupation. Well to make a long story short.. He was over his girls last weekend & her parents asked him how the job huntin was going. Well they know he has been looking & trying hard since Jan with no luck. He answered well I am still lookin but haven't had any success yet.Well the girlfriends mother started sayin "well ure apparently lookin in the wrong places". Also that he wasn't "looking hard enough or trying hard enough". And the dad just sat there and agreed with the mom. They were all havin dinner at the time over the girls parents house. They all did this around the dinner table with the brother, sister and grandma there. They all started to get in on the convo and grilled the sh**t outta him. Now my bro is a smart dude and has been looking super hard. I know he has cause I have been helping. I think it's pretty ridic he had to go through this. Not to mention the mom is a stay at home mom! She doesn't even work! Also, my bro took his girl out for dinner a few weeks back & usually always picks up the entire tab. Well the bill was like $80 (tons of drinks) and he asked his girl to pay the tip. She did and didn't complain. But she musta told her sister. Cause two weeks later they all went out and the sister pulled him aside and said "you made my sister pay the tip"? We dont do that in my family. My dad would never do that to my mom. If u can't pay the whole thing dont go out! Stay in! U have to treat my sister like a lady! Same thing with driving. My bro made his girl drive one night (they were going out with his friends). Same thing my dad would nvr make my mom drive. That's disrespectful! He is scared lol!
Don't like girlfriends family. Is that a bad thing?
Add Opinion