I have a surprise trip planned for her. But now I'm having second thoughts. Does this sound like a good plan?

My girlfriend is 24. I'm 20. We have been going out a few months. She's currently doing her phd and along with a full time job she has had a lot in her plate recently. We meet up about 3 times a week and call each other every day. We are really close and both really like eachother. Anyway, because she has been stressed I wanted to surprise her with something nice. I always get her we gifts from time to time but she's not a girl that loves to be bought things. So I've planned a weekend away in her old college town. She loves this town, always talks about the place and the people. Most of her friends are from there and because its a 2hr drive away she only goes from time to time. I don't know most of her friends apart from 2 (because they are orginally from my town) . So I have arranged with them, for me and my girlfriend to stay with them, the weekend before Christmas in the college town. ( I wanted a hotel but they kept insisting and ensured me Rachel would prefer it ) There's a huge Christmas Market and ice rink in the town, so it will be very romantic and that plus that night we will be going to an old bar she used to work and drink in, we have arranged for all of hrr old friends, including one who has just came home from living in Australia, to be there..
Rachel has no idea this is happening. She thinks she is staying in my place for the weekend to go to a concert I love and she hates ( I made it this date too as she knows I really wanted to see the act, so this will show her that she is appreciated ) Yea so she will be coming to my house, only ill be putting her in my car and driving to her old college town.

Does this sound like a good idea? Would girls generally appreciate this? I'm real nervous now incase she won't enjoy it, or doesn't want me meeting her old friends?
by the way for the record we do have romantic trips away on our on too. We're going on holiday a fortnight after. I orginally thought this would be more sweet. But now I don't know.
1
2