Will this relationship work, or is it doomed to fail?

Musical546
So I have been dating my girlfriend for 2 years basically (a little short of that, but close). I love her to pieces, but I feel like I have two major problems with her, and I feel like I don't know how to address them/tell her in a good way.
1) We are both very intelligent people. I am a double science major and she's an elementary education major. That being said, I am really academically focused. I analyze genomes in my free time. My girlfriend, however, doesn't give a crap about academics and all she talks or cares about is socializing, which really annoys me, especially when she asks me to complete her homewoonrk for her.
2) Another thing, I suppose is difference of priorities. I have been asking her to take a trip with me for a long time (I need a vacation). She has the money to do it, yet insists on doing it during the school year, as she has to see all of her friends and go to a lot of parties over the summer. Yet, I can't during the year because I spend crazy amounts of time studying. Yet she is unwilling to even give up one weekend of friends or family parties to take a trip.
i will stop writing now. Is it doomed to fail? Any ideas how to work this out?
3
2