Should I give this girl the second chance she wants? Or pass and not risk my friends?

Several years ago (6 years?) I loosely dated this girl, we'll call her Emily for simplicity. In a gross oversimplification of many events, we were friends, hung out often, started falling for each other, slept together (she was actually my first), and just as I was growing certain things were going to be a long term relationship drama happened. She slept with her ex, after ditching me at a party. Again simplifying - she was threatened. I didn't believe it either and at the time had resolved never to speak to her again but I've seen hard evidence since that the douchebag had threatened real physical harm unless she'd slept with him. He has since been institutionalized.

Still though, stuff like that caused trust issues. Residual feelings towards Emily made me console her and force her to get therapy (she'd been a wreck for a time) but all romantic activity had ceased for a while. She still somehow found her way into my friend group through shared friends, and we stayed in touch even as I dated another girl for a year and a half. After that girl broke up with me, Emily immediately got me drunk and slept with me again. I (feeling used and untrusting of her) told her I still wouldn't date her. We fought. We made up. And ever since it's obvious she still likes me, but for the longest time I wouldn't date her or give her another chance for fear of getting hurt again.

She's been nothing but apologetic ever since though for her actions years ago, and it wasn't til this last year that I started thinking maybe dating her could work. The only thing scaring me is a mutual friend has said if I date her again I better be ready to 'put a ring on it' because Emily has only ever truly liked me since then. There is likely no 'back to friends' if this fails. Furthermore as she lives with some of my closest friends, it'd likely mean me being trapped dating her just to kee
+1 y
Huh, ending got trimmed out but it just said I'm worried I'd feel trapped dating her just to keep my friends. I know she still likes me. We were drunk together recently and on top of flirting basically cybered. Our friend yelled at both of us for it but hey, we enjoyed it?
1
1