What am I supposed to do with him when he has no interest in my life?

My boyfriend doesn't care about my interests so he never shows or tells me he's proud of me. Yes I am so sure about it and I feel like a fool when I try to convince myself he does. He cares about me in general like he wouldn't want me to get hurt or anything but besides that, he doesn't really ask me anything about my job, career, day, friends, family, etc. Oh but he lovessssssssss talking about himself. I find it hard to believe he's those types of guys who are so into themselves because he is a good, soft guy but actions speak a lot and he can't stop rambling about his new projects like b*tch I have new projects too why don't you ask me? Sometimes we're on the phone and Ill listen but like I said hell start rambling so I'll eventually stop listening especially if Im doing something else. Then hell be like "youre not even listening..." I'll be like "I am" which I'm not but its not about me lying, its about him getting upset that Im "not listening" when he does the same exact thing to me or doesn't even ask about me. Why should I listen to you anyways when you dont give attention to my interests? Wth?

I'll be telling him my stuff without having him to ask me since he doesn't, and he'll be like "oh yeah..." "mmmm" "yeah? niceee" When he's telling me his stuff, I ask him a lot more thoughful questions than just "mmm." If I did that, he would look at me like I'm not interested in him and it's all about me, when its the complete oppositie. he's being a hypocrite. It seems too reasonable to be so blinded by this situation so it comes down to he's either being in denial or he's faking it so I can look at him like he is blind and innocent. Obviously I can't force him to be interested in me but at least put some effort in listening and caring about my life. If he genuinely doesn't care, then why is he with me? He claims he cares but his actions speak otherwise. I think its that he WANTS to care but doesn't. So what am i supposed to do?
3
3