He left the country without even telling me he was going, do I have a right to be upset?

We are in a long term casual relationship. It's been 10 years since we first got together. It was on and off for a while but we have been solid and monogamous since 2009. We have sex and spend time together about once a week. When he is around we have very sweet loving moments filled with intimacy, but when he is not around he does not call me or text me or answer my calls or texts. We were last together on April 27. I saw him down town on May 2 we spoke for a minute, nothing more. 5 days later I learned he was out of the country with his cousins on a vacation. My best guess is that he was gone to Mexico for 2 weeks then stayed with his sister 2000km away for another 2 weeks. He was out of town for just over a month. In that time although I had text and called his phone he never returned my call or text. Now that he is back in town he has called my phone 6 times in the past 4 days. I have not picked up, I've never avoided his calls before, I just don't know what to say to him. I have to face the hard truth that I am nothing more then something to stick his d! ck in, but I'm mad he thinks so little of me that he couldn't even tell me he was going on vacation. I always tell him if I'm leaving town, and I always talk to him when I'm away. I always bring him back some thing from my times out of town. He tells me all the time that he loves me, and I love him so deeply. I know I will have to talk to him sooner or later as we live in a pretty small town. I'm hurt, confused and frustrated with him. I've made it 7 weeks without him, so I know I can manage a break up, but I need some closure on this situation. I just wanted to know, given the nature of our relationship, do I have any right to be angry he didn't even tell me he was leaving the country.
1
2