Nervous to ask my boyfriend to be my Plus 1 to a wedding?

I know this sounds silly, but I'm nervous to ask him.

We've been dating almost a year, I'm 25 and he's 30. I guess my main worry is that he won't really want to go and just go because he thinks it's what I want.

Don't get me wrong, I would love it if he came. I want him to be there to meet some of my family. But I don't want to fel like I'm dragging him along the whole time, I want him to enjoy himself.

I guess for me it's just a big step. I don't go to many functions, especially something like this. So it's a big thing for me. I want to have a good time and not feel as though I brought someone who didn't want to be there.

Also, I figure (and correct me if I'm wrong), but I figure most guys could care less about weddings in general. So I figure he would automatically dread going. So that's part of why I am nervous to ask.

What's the best way to breach this subject? We haven't met each other's families yet. I'm planning on introducing him ahead of time to my parents just to break the ice a bit, since I think I would be overwhelmed meeting everyone at the same time if it were me.

Thanks in advance for your help!!!
2
0