How important is money to you? If you have just enough to live on and a little extra for emergency can you be happy?

I feel like I wouldn't need much to make me happy. I don't need a big house or a fancy car. I don't care about the fanciest hotels as long as get to go to the places I want. The only things I would need money for are future children's education and to travel after retirement. I don't need the fanciest most expensive things in life. I wish I could get a job doing the things I love but they don't pay enough. I know how important money will be to a future wife no matter who she is. I'm willing to sacrifice some happiness to please her. So what tmdo you think? What is the minimum amount to keep you happy. In this day and age do you feel pressured to always have the newest things and pay for the brand name stuff. Could be happy without a big house or a fancy car?
2
2