Guys, how am I supposed to take this?

Hello, I am getting back into the dating world after my divorce. Let me tell you I am rusty in this area. So I decided to try internet dating. I met a guy. We haven't been together very long but, I have a problem I just can't seem to read him. We had been talking and we had clicked instantly and even he's told me that personally. Well day 2 of our relationship he was telling me that he's going to be up front about things and his feelings as much as possible and not try and hide them. Well he has told me that it scares him he was being so honest with me so early but he already have it in his head he wasn't going anywhere unless I chose not to be with him anymore. And he had only felt like that with one other person who ended up leaving him. We've had a few disagreements where I was mad at him but he had fixed them. He's offered to help me with groceries and help clean my house a couple times. He keeps making jokes like for example "would you catch me if I fall from tripping?" I replied no part of our teasing and joking and he replied ”well, I guess you don't love me." That's not the first time he said something about love or said we look like a big happy family. (I have 2 toddlers) and said he was joking... We haven't even said I love you to each other yet and I'm not sure how I should take any of this. Advice please.
Guys, how am I supposed to take this?
Add Opinion