He 'likes me a lot' but doesn't love me?

My boyfriend and I have been together for 10 months and we have a good relationship so far, some arguments here and there but nothing major. He does show a lot of affection in terms of cuddling, holding me, kissing me etc. but he is not very expressive verbally. He has never told me he loved me or anything close to that. He does compliment me sometimes but mostly related to my looks. We had some dicussions about this topic and that I feel like he doesn't like me as much as I like him. He said that 'love' is a very important word for him and if he says it he really wants to mean it. He told me though he has 'strong feelings' for me and 'likes me a lot'. Thats nice to hear but on the other side, I take those things for granted after 10 months. He told me to be patient with him and have faith, but I'm afraid I'm wasting my time here with someone that might never fall in love with me or love me.

What do you think? Should I stick around and hope he will love me one day? Or should I walk away? I like him very much and could at least say I am 'in love' with him and he treats me really well otherwise.
+1 y
Thanks for all your answers so far guys! He is not expressive when it comes to emotions in general. He told me he never told a girl he loved her, only his ex because she pressured him. I know it is a big deal for him and also mean a lot of commitment saying 'I love you' and I guess that scares him...
3
2