Should I let him say "I Love You"?

I have this thing about those 3 words "I love you". In the two relationships I've been in, I never said the word once because I believe that people in high school don't know what love is. My second(and current) relationship is with one of my greatest friends ever(friends since childhood)! He has been after me for who knows how many years and after the first week of dating he said "I love you" I told him "Don't tell lies, they only end up hurting people". I say this because my first boyfriend use to say it to me all the time and I started to believe it but, he was lying. I guess you can say I'm afraid of those words so much. I know that we are too young to love but it has been 6 months into the relationship and we've known each other for so long... I feel bad for not allowing him to say it. He said it again a few months after the first adding "I'm telling the truth" but I shook my head. He said it while we where fighting(what a fun fight that was, seriously! our fights are always solved through smart remarks that make us laugh) but I acted like I didn't hear him. Is it bad that I don't let him? I know it is something that could ruin our relationship but I know we will always be friends. it is just how we are. So, what do you say?

Also, I know some of you might be like "it is because you like him as a brother or a friend" but, no. I'm am very sure that I like him in a more intimate way and for who he is.
+1 y
BTW, in his past relationships he has said those words may times but now he denies it and he says "I hate them" and "I've always only liked you" It gets me mad that he can't admit that he had liked them at one point.
+1 y
I know all his feelings from those relationships and I know what he had felt at points. I sometimes want to tell him "i love you" back but I'm afraid that, in the long run, he too will say "i hate you"
Should I let him say "I Love You"?
3
0