Does a guy need money to have a girlfriend?

I don't have a job and I'm a college student. I'm hard working and worked last year as I was off but I'm back to college and in my final year of study so I'm reluctant to pick up a job now.

I don't have much (any) money so does that rule out having a girlfriend? I know girls expect presents and things from their bfs and want him to have money. I'm not going to leach off anyone by the way.

31

Most Helpful Girl

• No! Not at all! Good girlfriends don't expect gifts and expensive dates, they just want to spend time with you :) Find someone you have a real connection with and I'm sure she'll understand your situation. Don't let the fact that you're broke deter you from trying to have a relationship with someone you like.