Does a guy need money to have a girlfriend?

I don't have a job and I'm a college student. I'm hard working and worked last year as I was off but I'm back to college and in my final year of study so I'm reluctant to pick up a job now.

I don't have much (any) money so does that rule out having a girlfriend? I know girls expect presents and things from their bfs and want him to have money. I'm not going to leach off anyone by the way.

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• No! Not at all! Good girlfriends don't expect gifts and expensive dates, they just want to spend time with you :) Find someone you have a real connection with and I'm sure she'll understand your situation. Don't let the fact that you're broke deter you from trying to have a relationship with someone you like.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Okay let me tell it to you straight: if a girl expects material things from their lover and if he doesn't give them to her she whines and cries, then he should cut off the relationship right there. I am so sick of seeing all of these girls talking about how their boyfriends have to buy them things when they're sad or angry because that's the "only way they can keep going". God I am sick of that.
    I understand that some guys like to buy their girls things as a sign of their affection, but if someone can't do that because they don't have the money, especially due to school, then there should be no problem. Don't pay attention to any of the girls who make you feel like you have to be a money tree to gain their attention. Relationships shouldn't work like that.
    /rant

0|1
    0|0
    • Thanks a lot. Good answer. :)

• No, that's not a necessary factor as such. At least not for all women

0|0
    0|0
  • Not always

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes