Do you think it's more important to connect with someone emotionally, mentally, or physically?

My friends and I were talking about this at lunch today and my guy friends said emotionally and physically, while my girlfriends said mentally and physically! I can't choose just one! What do you guys think?

817

Most Helpful Girl

• Emotional. Then mental. Then physical.

An emotional connection is extremely important to me. I want to be comfortable enough in a relationship to be able to share our thoughts and feelings with each other. I want to be able to have a deep love and understanding for one another... To be able to "read" each other.

A mental connection is important, too. It's important to be intellectually compatible, and to be able to discuss or debate different topics in a respectful way.

Being attracted to each other is important, but it's certainly not the most important thing to me out of the three.

• Mental is least important to me, just because that's the thing that is most available elsewhere.
      I mean, people hold various views on what does and doesn't constitute cheating, in terms of the physical and emotional stuff, but I've yet to hear ANYONE nuts enough to invent the possibility of "intellectual cheating". LOL

Ya know? I mean, my boy and I connect on a lot of wavelengths, but that is far far and away the least important of the three. I have plenty of friends with whom I'm more brainy-nerd-compatible than with my husband. Oh well, that's not the stuff on which relationships and families are built.

As for the other two -- emotional and physical -- I can't even begin to understand how people could even TRY to think of those separately from each other.

• @redeyemindtricks It's easy to find guys who I'm mutually attracted to, but if I can't connect with someone on an intellectual level, I'm not interested.

It's cool if you have a different opinion.

• @redeyemindtricks yeah I don't think there is intellectual cheating but if my girl was like a box of rocks I would have to leave her. I would prefer I can have a good intellectual converstion. That is just a big turn off for me. even at that someone can become attracted to others because of their intellect.