Should I lie about how I met my boyfriend?

We met online and talked for a month before meeting in person. I already know 100% that my mom specifically dislikes online dating but I don't really want to lie and I'm not sure if my boyfriend is willing to lie and I really don't want to hurt or offend him.

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Don't lie. And don't make someone else Who the hell cares if your mom dislikes online dating? where did you meet in person? Tell her that's where you met. It's true. but why do you have to report every detail of your personal life to your mother? You're an adult, right?

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• If I were you, i'd lie first until she starts liking him. Then after she likes him, i'd tell her the truth.

I had to lie to my mom when asked about how i met my best friend, @genericname85. Told her we studied together when we actually met here lol

1|0
    1|0
  • No, not at all.

I always feel that honesty is the best approach to any situation. The last thing you want to do is to get caught in a lie or have them find out accidentally from someone else.

While I do not know your parents, if they are anything like mine, they might be more offended that you felt the need to lie to them, than to know the truth about how you two first met.

:\

1|0
    0|0
  • Who cares what she thinks? If your happy and it worked for you then thats all that really matters, no sense in lying about it.

1|0
    0|0
  • Nah, there's nothing wrong with how you guys met. And anyway, all she should care about is how he treats you, I'd he's a good guy, etc.

1|0
    0|0
  • No don't lie, it doesn't matter because your mom can see for herself that it worked put for you

1|0
    0|0
  • No do not lie. Tell her straight up. Who cares what she thinks anyways. You're a grown woman and can make your own decisions on how you want to date.

1|0
    0|0
  • No, don't lie to her. Lying is a very bad habit.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes