Is it wrong to think about cheating on your gf?

I've been thinking about being with other women. I'm very happy with my girlfriend but I think about cheating from time to time. I've never had this happen before. Maybe she needs to satisfy me more sexually.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Did you promise her that you would be monogamous, or did you do anything that would make her think that you have a monogamous relationship? If so, you have two options that preserve your honor:

1. Promise yourself to honor your commitment. Discuss the sexual matters with your girlfriend. Promise yourself that you will act like the man that you want to be.

2. Tell your girlfriend that you are unhappy and you want out of your commitment. AFTER that conversation, you are free to pursue other relationships.

1|2
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• ... I love how you're asking if it's wrong to have thoughts like these, but in the 1-2 sentences in your question write-up, you've already managed to lay the blame for any cheating you may do in the future on your girlfriend, and her failing to 'meet your needs'.

12|4
    0|0
    • Nailed it as usual.

• @kaylas91 Whats wrong with realizing she can't meet his needs. He probably needs a new girl

• @hazoplmeught There's nothing wrong with feeling like your partner isn't satisfying your needs. It's very wrong when your mind starts to wander towards cheating, following up this thought with saying how your partner has conveniently been failing to meet your needs as of late anyhow.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Of course it is

0|0
    0|0
  • Of course it's wrong. How would you feel if she had these thoughts? Just please don't act on it, that's all I can say. If you wanna cheat, just break up with her.

13|5
    0|0
  • Don't cheat, I just wrote a MyTake on how that affects people. If you have not had these feelings before and think she is not satisfying you sexually then you need to talk to her about that. If you want to be with someone else, break up with her first. Consider how you would feel if she had these feelings.

2|0
    0|0
    • He has to be careful how he words it, if anything like a cheating ex of mine.. him
      Not cumming was my fault and he didn't tell just me but a room full of people. That still stings to this day.. so he needs to watch he says

• There is a difference between fantasy and reality. It's OK to fantasize it is not cool to act on it. I'd suggest getting a bottle of wine and talk to her about what you think could make your sex life better. But don't be surprised if she has some ideas of her own

4|2
    0|0
  • why do you think about being with other women? just a curiousity? or is it some sort of dissatisfaction in the relationship?

i don't think there is necessarily anything really wrong but it seems to me that if you are thinking about it, it would indicate that something is lacking in a relationship

1|0
    0|0
  • It's not right but as long as you're not acting on it...

A relationship is based on trust and when you cheat, you break that trust. If sex isn't good, you talk to her about it. You have to communicate. Sex can have up and down but when you usually have good chemistry in bed, a down can be a sign of other problems.

1|0
    0|0
  • One of the FIRST things that individuals do when their relationship gets boring or difficult, is that they turn to someone OUTSIDE of their relationship. THIS IS WRONG!. Look into your relationship, and take a hard look. What is it that you don't like? Is it something that can be fixed with patience and hard work. ( and yes, relationships are hard work!). If it can't , or you don't love her anymore, don't cheat on her. Do the gentlemanly thing and break up.

1|0
    0|0
  • I thought it was wrong, and still do, but it's actually a common thing. I even asked a question here to see if people think of having sex with others besides their SO, and I got quite a lot of "yes". There's even surveys that prove that many people fantasize about cheating.

I still think it's wrong, but apparently it's normal.

1|0
    0|0
  • If u want to sleep with other women maybe u should just break up with your girlfriend and be single. Or talk to her. Maybe instead of saying she doesn't satisfy you, you could talk to her about trying new things in the bedroom. Or doing old things in a new way. Just don't cheat. That leaves scars on people that they sometimes can't get over.

0|0
    0|0
  • If you were emotionally more attached to her than i think it would've been differ. If you don't see a future with her than why stay? Find someone else if she isn't completing your happiness. If you're not feeling the spark for her internally then what made you think you'll receive a spark from her when she treats you physically. Pleasure doesn't soothe.. So find someone who will complete you.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's wrong to think of cheating yes, however it's not wrong to notice or see other women as you're only human. If you think about cheating and you think about actually doing it, don't. OR break up if you're not being satisfied.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't think it's a matter of her having to satisfy you more, I think it's a matter of you needing to communicate. Maybe you aren't actually happy and are just mistaking being comfortable with happiness.

3|0
    0|0
  • You need to talk to her about what you're craving sexually. You shouldn't sit on your thoughts and let them fester and get worse. If you want to make the relationship better and to stop those types of thoughts, you need to communicate with her.
    Also, she doesn't 'need' to satisfy you more to get your thoughts to go away. Maybe you should engage her more sexually.

Anyways, bottom line is-talk to your girlfriend and don't cheat.

0|0
    0|0
  • If you dissatisfied speak to her. I was unhappy with my sex life with my partner and after we discussed what we needed sexually openly and honestly things got 10x better. However cheating is under no curcumstances okay, if you are unable to stop the urge and need another woman it would be much kinder to just break it off with your current lady

1|0
    0|0
  • to THINK about cheating is not wrong.
    to CHEAT is the worse thing (other then physical abuse) you could possibly do.
    I was with my ex wife 25 years. I thought about it many times but never seriously. Fantasy is good for a relationship. Just don't step over the line.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's second thoughts on the current relationship you have with her. I think it's wrong, I'm not sure about other people, but if my boyfriends' mindset is already on that stage and it's a frequent time frame, I would question my relationship and what it's really all about.

0|0
    0|0
  • As long as you are just thinking about it, its fine. "The sign of intelligence is that you are constantly wondering. Idiots are always dead sure about every damn thing they are doing in their life." --Jaggi Vasudev

0|1
    0|0
  • don't let those thoughts get to your head man, that means you dont like your girlfriend. Looking at other girls i guess is ok, us guys all look at chicks lol. But dont cheat on her and dont think about it. THoughts will come into actions! stay loyal my man

1|0
    0|0
  • It's definitely a sexual urge your having. You should try new things in bed or even outside of bed make your sex life with her a bit more fun and intresting. Hopefully if you do this the urges won't come back into your head.

0|0
    0|0
  • You know full well it's wrong, don't dress it up as your dick isn't satisfied. You have two hands, use them.

2|2
    0|0
  • stfu do it i hope you get caught and she breaks up with you fast i hope she sees you even dared asking this questions fucking jerk gtfo and making it like its her fault smh done done

In the name of Asap Rocky " shut up, shut the fuck up, suck a dick, suck another dick"

0|0
    0|2
  • If you know what's good for you, do NOT cheat on her. If you feel like their is something missing from the relationship, then confront her! It's natural for guys and girls to admire other people, but self control is important.

0|0
    0|0
  • Of course it's wrong. Cheating is one of the most hurtful and disrespectful thing you can do to someone. Even thinking about it is a major red flag that something is wrong. If your relationship isn't satisfying you, you need to either take action to change that, or end it and let both of you move on. There is no third option.

You need to change your thinking from "Maybe she needs to satisfy me more sexually" to "Maybe I need to express my needs better and see what I can do to make sure both of us are satisfied". Girls aren't mind readers any more than guys are. You have to ask for what you want.

3|1
    0|0
    • he didn't say he was cheating. he said THINKING about it. big difference. I think cheaters are pieces of shit. I think it is fully normal to think about it. not seriously, but sure you can think about it.

• @godfatherfan I read the question. I know what he said. I personally believe that thinking about cheating, whether that means considering it, fantasizing about it, or what have you, IS wrong. It may not be quite as wrong as as actually doing it, but it reveals a serious problem with the relationship. If a girl said she was thinking about cheating on her boyfriend, would your sentiment be the same?

• first off, if u really care about her, you would never even think of that. if your not satisfied im sure she would rather you break up with her then cheat on her like that, and just remember that a girl's heart is more fragile than u think

1|0
    0|0
  • Obviously, its wrong. If you don't feel satisfied sexually, you need to tell her and work on it. Otherwise, break up with her before trying to satisfy yourself elsewhere.

2|0
    0|0
  • If you feel like this it's best to do it while single.. so you can bang whomever and not break someones heart.

0|0
    0|0
  • It is wrong to think about cheating. This isn't directly towards you, but many men only see women as objects for sexual pleasure. They have feelings, they laugh, they cry. A lot of men honestly need to pay more attention to the women in their lives and hold them more dearly. If you feel like something is wrong in the relationship, have a normal conversation about it, but don't resort to seeking other women to meet your needs when this girl already has given you her heart. Don't just throw it away man. You can't justify cheating so don't do it.

5|0
    0|0
  • Thinking about it and doing it are two different things... yes maybe you need to be satisfied.. But not because of this reason you'd cheat on her because you will lose her so don't even think about it because it will lead you to it ! Imagine if she had the thoughts would you be hurt?

0|0
    0|0
  • Humans, especially men, are creatures of variety and novelty most times, so it's normal to wonder "what if" sometimes. I wouldn't consider thinking about other women wrong or cheating - only if you act on those thoughts/urges.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes it's wrong to even think about cheating on your girlfriend, but it's even worse when you act upon it.

3|0
    0|0
  • Of course it's wrong!!, well I don't see any reason for you to even think like that, you said you are very happy with her.

1|0
    0|0
  • i mean if it comes up in your mind by accedent of course, you can't stop that. but if you always think about it and you get turned on by it. you dont deserve her

1|1
    0|0
  • I think it is wrong, if u are seriously considering doing this, then u should break up with ur current girlfriend, no one deserves that

1|0
    0|0
  • I would say it's a negative mindset that could easily turn into reality if you're not careful, best rid yourself of those kinds of thoughts, cheating is never right no matter what the reason may be.

0|0
    0|0
  • You need to think long and hard about what you want in a relationship. It's not all passion, it's hard work too. Suppress bad urges, appreciate, compromise. If it's not working, break up. Don't cheat.

0|0
    0|0
  • Wow. Just break up with her and be single. Problem solved😊👍🏼 She doesn't deserve that and you know it.

2|0
    0|0
  • No level-headed woman expects you to literally not even *notice* other women, but if yoi're having serious ideation about cheating, then ya, that's definitely a problem...

0|0
    0|0
  • I am sure that many men grow through these phases from time to time. Maybe you guys need to try different sex moves or role playing?

0|0
    0|0
  • U have to think this through. Consequences if u r caught... What the ither chick will do if she gets pissed off at u... etc

0|0
    0|0
  • Um... yeah!!! Do you really need to think about whether or not it's wrong to cheat on your girlfriend? Really?

0|0
    0|0
  • Thoughts will enter every person's head at one time or another. The question is what you will do with them. The proper thing to do is reject them when they come, denying them permission to take root inside your head. A selfish and dangerous thing to do is entertain them, as the more you entertain them, the more likely you are to do the worst thing of all, which would be acting on them. Whenever those ideas enter your head, I would advise you to ask yourself how you would feel if the roles were reversed, and don't kid yourself into thinking you would be cool with it based on your own rationalization. For the purposes of this exercise, you will know only that she's cheating, not why.

0|0
    0|0
  • Don't even think about (consider) doing it.
    Enjoy the view. But don't EVER say it like that for girls to know again.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well, just consider it a fantasy and keep it in your head. Should get rid of the feeling.

0|0
    0|0
  • Thoughts are free but I guess it's a bad sign fit your relationship.

1|0
    0|0
  • So long as you don't act on those thoughts or let them impact your relationship, that's okay.

0|0
    0|0
  • Of course its wrong! End things if you're not satisfied and you think things won't change.

0|0
    0|0
  • Who y

0|0
    0|0
    • Sorry never got chance to finish... who are you trying to convince that your happy? us or yourself? most men think about how to make their loved one happy and your thinking about cheating... take it from me.. if you cheat on her you will destroy her, you won't be trusted and your relationship will not be the same! If she sticks with you you'll keep doing it, because subconsciously you'll think she's a doormat... so ask yourself are you happy? Or would u be happier to cheat? and make the person you said your happy with so unhappy...

• Just thoughts bro. Doesn't matter

1|1
    6|0
  • let's think about that for a second.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes it is wrong.

0|0
    0|0
Show More

Recommended myTakes