Do you agree with my boyfriend?

my boyfriend doesn't want me to bars with him. he says it's because he doesn't want guys to look at me, approach me, and that he wouldn't want to have to get into a fight if some guy was bothering me. he goes with his sister and her boyfriend... but why can't i go, and she's half the size of me! would you bring your girlfriend to the bar with you, or do you agree with my bf?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't get his ideas one bit. Been to several bars in my life. Guys let other girls alone if they see they're with another guy (part of guy-code). You might get visually checked out, but that's about it.

I agree with several others, he may be going there to see another woman. Let him go and then show up about an hour later. Try to quietly slip in and check out what's going on.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• He's being controlling, plus it sounds like he just wants to be able to check out other girls in peace. Or worse.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• He's full of shit and controlling. Go anyway

1|0
    0|0
    • i plan on it. i feel like he's hiding something from me... such as another woman

• Show All
    • i know he's going tomorrow, so i plan on that.

• Good luck. Stay in the shadows and watch him for awhile unless it's something noticeable right away

• Bs. Guys go with their girl all the time.

1|0
    0|0
    • i just dont see why he won't let me go. he says he only goes to play pool with his sister, and have a couple drinks... so why can't i join in?

• Show All
    • what do you mean by that?

• Like have the "good little wifey" at home like a housewife waiting for him while he's out having his fun. You should be allowed and trusted to go out and do your own things and he should enjoy having his girl with him when he's going with his sister and her boyfriend.

Recommended myTakes