Keep having recurring dreams about my ex, telling her I love her. What does it mean, what should I do?

So, lately I have been cutting down on weed in an attempt to quit for good. One of the side effects of this are some really intense dreams. I guess when you smoke regularly you don't really dream, or at least remember them.

Anyway, I have been having these very intense emotional dreams, where I see my ex girlfriend. The girl I dated before my current relationship. In these dreams, I try to get her back, tell her I love her, etc... This has happened about 4-6 times in the last couple months. We only dated for about 3-4 months. But she was just so "my type" in almost all ways and incredibly beautiful. But she was 7 years younger than me (her:20, me:27) at the time so I didn't take her as serioiusly cause I was slightly embarassed at our age difference. I regret that now.

Now I still do have some residual feelings for her, but she dumped me because she is very religious and I am not, wasn't really willing to change that. She left me for another guy, who would change for her. I never really resolved any of this, as she broke up with me over text after ignoring me for a few days. I believe she also made attempts to tell me she loved me, but in weird ways that looking back on I missed. I never said it. She has texted me once or twice since then, but nothing to make me believe she wants me back.

Since then I have moved back STL, MO since then, she still lives in KC, MO not that far away but still far enough. Also, I met another woman that I have been dating for almost 2 years now, and I love her a lot, in some ways more than I ever did this other girl, it a deeper love. But I can't get my ex out of my head. This hasn't really been an issue until these dreams started. Now I wonder if I am trying to tell myself something. I don't really think there could ever be a future for us again and I have a good thing now.

+1 y
I don't want to leave my girlfriend, I feel terrible about all of this, I want this to stop. What should I do? What do these dreams mean? Should I contact my ex and try to get some closure? She is still dating the guy she left me for.
2
0