Guys, will my ex ever come back? We only broke up because suddenly he seemed to have changed his opinion about marriage?

Hi,

I need your opinion. My ex broke up with me two months ago. We were together for 3.5 years, we lived together, we were planning to get married. Our relationship was quite rocky in the beginning because we moved to fast, so we broke up in summer 2014 and were NC for three whole months. Then he contacted me, wrote me a long email and apologized for everything, we started meeting again and eventually got back together. The problems we had back then didn't arise again, our relationship was amazing once we got back together. He said Im the love of his life, and asked me if I want to buy an apartment with him. I told him that I do, but that I need to know that our relationship is going somewhere, meaning marriage. He said yes, and that we could just go to the courthouse a few days later to sign the paper. I told him I want a proposal, a ring (no diamond, just something pretty), and a wedding (nothing expensive, maybe even just the two of us at the beach or so). He said okay.

A couple of months passed, we bought the apartment together, and I was waiting for a proposal that never happened. When I brought up the topic again, he said we can go look at rings and we could have a wedding next year (this year by now). We started looking at rings, and eventually he bought one and said he wants to give it to me for a special occasion in the next few months. I was over the moon. Everything was so amazing. Just three months ago, everything was still amazing and I thought our relationship is stronger than ever. In early January he still told me every day how much he loves me, and even sent out a cute Happy New Year card with a picture of us to friends and family.

Then, Mid-January, we fought about something stupid and he suddenly told me he isn't sure if he wants to get married. That he doesn't know why. I told him that I really do want to get married and that I cannot see myself staying in a relationship forever if I don't get married at som
+1 y
Then, Mid-January, we fought about something stupid and he suddenly told me he isn't sure if he wants to get married. That he doesn't know why. I told him that I really do want to get married and that I cannot see myself staying in a relationship forever if I don't get married at some point. He said he needs time to think. I told him okay, but that I want to be away from him for a couple of days. He said okay. I bought a plane ticket to another country and left the next day. He didn't contact me
+1 y
He didn't contact me for three days, so I contacted him. We messaged every day during my trip, and I thought everything is going to be okay. Then, on my last day of the trip (early February) I messaged him saying 'How do you feel about me getting back today? Missed me?' and he texted back 'Actually we have to talk about that. I was really calm these days and enjoyed my alone time, I need to find my own rhythm. I don't want to get married.'
3