Best friends to nothing? Is he REALLY over me?

Best friends for two years, tell each other everything and flirt alot, he would talk to me and text me 24/7 and make ALL the effort, one day a day he hinted he liked me but I didn't like him so I said no Carried on like normal but he became distant. I missed him so spoke to him and we got closer again and went back to normal but arguments happened as I took him for granted. I told him to stop talking to me a few times beacuse we argued but he said he he's not going to stop. When I was angry I would take it out on him. Knowing that it wasn't his fault he would still say sorry and he loved me. We got closer then before. Then he told me this girl liked him and he was going to see her. Then I realised I liked him. While he was seeinf her he carried on telling me he loved me and was still there for me. My mate knew how I felt so told him I liked him. He then told me he didn't like this girl and stopped seeing her. He asked me to make an effort with him too, after a bit of persuasion I agreed then he asked me out, we started seeing each other casually so we would not ruin our friendship if it ended badly. While we were seeing each other we didn't speak much and I made most the effort. I told him it wasn't working when he said lets leave it for now and that he didn't want a relationship yet. I said if its a no now then that was it, we wouldn't again and he had to stop telling me he loved me. He said that he didn't want to break up over something and lose me. We stayed friends and carried on like before.We met at a party days after where his mate told me he still liked me but was scared as I'm the first girl he's been serious about. That night he told me he loved me and that we would talk about it later. But the next few days he didn't speak to me at all. I texted him saying we should stop talking as he didn't care anymore. He said he had family problems and was sorry for not getting in touch. I asmued he was lying and had a argument with him then he told me what's going on. I said I would be there for him he said you won't be here for me when you go to university (in a few months) I reassured him this wouldn't happen. So we stayed friends again. A few days after we met at another party I asked him if he was over me he said no so I told him I still liked him but we decided to talk about it later on. The next day he said he didn't want me seeing anyone else but wanted to stay best friends as he didn't see me in 'that way. We carried on talking like before but not as frequently and it's back to him making all the effort, he joined a group on Facebook called 'It's only you I want'. He rang asking if I still liked him when I said no he just carried on talking like normal. A few days after this he got a new girlfriend so I told him I didn't want to speak to him again he said he didn't want to stop speaking to me but I insisted. His new girlfriend told me he told her we didn't speak at all and I am told he doesn't like her and is with her for the sake of it
Best friends to nothing? Is he REALLY over me?
Add Opinion