Abuse or frustration?

okay well when me and my boyfriend have those weekly arguments, he screams at me, and gets right in my face. might I add in, he would never lay his fingers on me, but he is still scary. if I get sarcastic with him, and treat him like supposed "sh*t" like he thinks I do, is that a reason to yell at me? and better yet, call me names? please explain what it means, if he yells at me. I mean, yeah he has anger issues and yells in general when he is angry, but now that he does it to me, it scares the sh*t out of me. he has done this many times, and blames my sarcasm for the reason of his yelling. but I think otherwise. he has promised me many times he would never do it again, but then he decides to "slip" and do it again. I do not want to end it with him, but how many chances does he actually deserve? I'm sick of getting mentally and verbally abused by the guy I'm absolutely in head over heels in love with. and it upsets me and hurts me deeply knowing that someone I love so much can hurt me like he has. so I need to know how to approach this situation, he said he is sorry and will stop, but after apologizing so many times, I just don't believe it anymore. okay please answer my question, or at least give your opinion of this situation. thank you
Abuse or frustration?
Add Opinion