Guy on the bus tried to pick me up. I'm in a relationship. Did I do the wrong thing?

Anonymous
I was on the bus on my way home when this guy gets on and starts chatting me up.
My boyfriend is very, veeeerrrrryyyyy jealous and would be extremely angry if he were to know I spoke to this guy.
Bit it was on the bus. I had nowhere to run and the bus was full so I couldn't get up and move. I also have a hard time being rude to people so I engaged in friendly conversation. What do you do, where do you come from, all that. I didn't ask HIM any questions but I answered all his. I dropped that I live with my boyfriend very early in the conversation, and when he asked for my number and to get a coffee I said no. He asked if I would just write his number down and I said no to that, too. He asked to hang out and when my boyfriend would get home from work and I told him my boyfriend wouldn't like that.
I feel like I did everything right, but I feel guilty for talking to him. My guy is like that. Me talking to the guy would be the same thing as me jumping into bed with him in his eyes...
I feel like I should have just told the guy to fork off, but I'm too shy to be so assertive.
What do you think? Have I done the wrong thing? Should I tell my boyfriend?
2
1