Is it normal to not want to move on?

I don't want to move on from my last relationship. I know I can and that's the thing, I don't want to. I don't want to forget about him, us, what we had, etc. At first, I wasn't sure if I could move on because it just seemed impossible to do but then I slowly believed I could. Now I just don't want to. Sometimes it comes to my mind that moving on and succeeding will make him come back to me or realize it was his loss but I truly have no pride when it comes to him. If I can choose to either move on without him or have him in my life, I'd choose the latter. I just fear I'm going to move on and forget all about him and all of our special moments and miss out on more special moments. I just know my life would be better with him in it. Why we broke up? It's just the wrong time, doesn't that suck? We're both in different places and it just wasn't going as smoothly as we would have liked to. We're not communicating but it seems like we're still on mutual terms considering we have each other on social media and don't mind it. They say in order to completely move on you need to cut each other out including phone numbers and social media accounts. I can easily delete him, but Ill feel like Im missing out on so much. It can possibly make me move on in a good way but I don't want that. I want him in my life. I have pretty good judgement so I dont think nothing will ever come close to what we had in terms of true happiness.
Is it normal to not want to move on?
Add Opinion