Do you think it's better to be with someone who loves you more than you love them?

insertcreativenamee
So I've been binging on Sex and the City, and this question popped up in one of the episodes in season one; I can't get it out of my head.

I think most of us idealize a relationship where both partners love each other equally, and have this all-consuming love, but it's often not realistic.

Has anyone been happier in relationships where your SO loved you more than you loved them?

Or were you you happier when you loved someone and they reciprocated the same feelings?

Or maybe you've been in a relationship where you loved your SO more than they (seemed) to love you.
I have dated someone who loved me more than I loved them - I prefer this type of relationship
I have dated someone who loved me more than I loved them - I prefer an equal relationship
I have dated someone who loved me less than I loved them - I hate this type of relationship
Vote C
I have dated someone who loved me less than I loved them - I prefer this type of relationship
Vote D
I have always been in a relationship where my SO and I had an equal amount of love towards each other - this is how it should be
Vote E
I don't know if I've had that type of relationship, but I think it's better if they love you more than you love them
Vote F
I don't know if I've had that type of relationship, but I think it's better if you love them more than they love you
Vote G
GirlGuy
4
1