How have your parents relationship (s) influenced your standards on dating, relationships, and marriage?

Elarra
How have your parents relationship(s) influenced your standards on dating, relationships, and marriage?

I had a conversation with a friend of mine about my expectations of dating and marriage and it really comes from how my dad treat my mom and what he taught me as far as how a man is supposed to treat me.

However, I noticed that many guys think I'm snob and my standards are too high when really they're based on a relationship I've been witnessing for almost 27 years and has lasted 32 years. I didn't just get my standards out of nowhere like I'm the Queen of Sheba or something. If you want to read more about it, here's my Take called The One Trait A Man Must Have To Date Me And Why.

So how have your parents relationship (s) influenced your standards/views on dating, relationships, and marriage?

8
11