Is it harder/less likely for a guy to fall in love than a girl?

3261

Most Helpful Guy

• I think men will develop crushes faster than women, but I think men fall out of love faster also. Women don't fall for guys as easily but once they do it takes a lot to get them to stop loving you. That's my theory.

• Women and girls fall easily in love when they can benefit their self.

• @somewheresomeway

I disagree with you a 100 percent. Have a nice day.

• @somewheresomeway

I was never a failure in relationships. My relationship with others and that includes girls and women was base on how a young Christian male who act and be with.

Most Helpful Girl

• Well i think men often think they're in love with someone but maybe the feelings weren't what they thought they were i think men and women are just as likely but men tend to be quicker..

What Guys Said 60

• I'm pretty sure it's well known that men develop feelings much faster than women. It's simple biology, men want to procreate with as many women as possible hence we fall faster then women since women need to make sure that the guy they choose is equipped to take care of a baby so they fall for men at a slower rate.

• It's more of an allowed feeling to happen. Guys typically have a bit more control over their impulses than girls. It's much easier for a guy to do one night stands and not get attached precisely because they won't allow it. It usually takes longer for a guy to develop those feelings but longer to lose them.

Girls typically love quickly and more on impulses but can also lost and end it quickly in comparison

• Nah I think it comes down to the experiences of that particular individual when it comes to relationships. Someone who has been fucked over more might have more walls and barriers to love.

• i don't know. perhaps statistically women are more likely to fall in love but i don't know that for sure so i will say no i don't think it's harder or easier for one gender to fall in love over another... i think it just depends more on the person

• girls fall in love faster but guys fall in love harder

• As a guy i fall in love more quick than girls have with me
    but as generally speaking i think it varies among both genders.

• depends on the person

• That would depend on the person I would say.

• No, I don't see why. When the right person comes along, love is not something you can influence.

• I think it is easier for women generally speaking because of hormones. Men are overall less emotional. I also think a lot of people misunderstand their feelings and confuse lust and infatuation with love a lot! Guys do this especially lol.

• Wise men say only fools rush in
    But I can't help falling in love with you
    Shall I stay
    Would it be a sin
    If I can't help falling in love with you

Like a river flows surely to the sea
    Darling so it goes
    Some things are meant to be
    Take my hand, take my whole life too
    For I can't help falling in love with you

Like a river flows surely to the sea
    Darling so it goes
    Some things are meant to be
    Take my hand, take my whole life too

• I always assumed it's the other way around - that women fall in love far harder than guys.

• i think it's the opposite. for me, when girls falls in love, it's usually just a crush and nothing something as deep as when guys falls in love

• I fall faster than my partners usually. I thinks it's a case by case basis not gender based

• No way, I hate these really rubbish stereotypes about guys...

I don't know where they came from but it's definitely not true, I think definitely men are naturally givers and women are takers... some guys have a strong insecurity that they have to be 'alpha' , and they put on this bad boy heartless act , but it's bullsh*t.

• No. Guys can fall hard for a girl pretty quick. Or very slowly. It depends on the person. Same holds true from the women.

• I DON'T KNOW!!!
    cs6.pikabu.ru/.../14215952494034.jpg
    I fall in love quite fast and hard :(
    Ladies are so charming!

• Yes, women fall in love faster especially if they have sex and able to benefit their self with the male. Well that not real true love. So do females really know what love is. Some do and some do not. When women and girls can not get what they what. They will fall out of love with the male very fast. Males are more serious about love than women and girls. Boys and men will spend the time to get to know the person before they fall in love with the girls or women. Males of all ages take love more serious than girls and women. Love to most female is to benefit their self from others and using others to meet their sexual needs.

• Warnings no: trick question! Actually, I always said the three words before any of my girlfriends did. And it wasn't to get in their pants. I fall hard and easy for anyone I would, ask out. I have standards.

• more likely for a guy to fall in love than a girl.

• We are picky with girls. To truly fall for them, they have to meet your preferences, to the tit. And their personality has to be BaNG'in

• Speaking for myself yes its hard for me to fall in love. In the romantic department, im very cold due to my previous relationship.

• it's the guy who first falls in love!!

• It would be near impossible for me to fall for any woman , I'm a FT working single dad , so I know full well I have a very low market value , plus. I admit I am very guarded & as closed off as the North /South Korea border.

• Ducane Cundioglu (a Turkish philosopher) says 'Women can't love. They just can be loved. Some women say 'I love him' but actually they imitate men in this. I'm not saying women can't like a man but in essence, a woman doesn't want to have a man and a man wants to have a woman. So, women can't love.'

• Definitely.

• Human beings vary from person to person or so I've been told

• My dog or the girl I like

• it's goes both ways but I think girls take a relationship more seriously

• No that's not true.

• More from Guys
    30

What Girls Said 31

• I think men fall slower, but deeper. A woman sees the potential for love sooner, but a man feels the deep intense feelings of love sooner.

I feel like when a guy really loves you he'll keep coming back for you, especially if you were the one he talked to about everything. Women have better emotional support systems. honestly if a guy really loves you, I don't think he ever stops. Whereas women think they are deeply in love, but they might just love certain parts of the relationship and not truly the person they're with.

• very true. Impressive insight for your age.

Women need to stop throwing out "I love you" when they get caught up in their emotions (right after an orgasm is not a good time...). I got bludgeoned by this bait and switch behavior a few years ago. Still hurts from time to time today.

• Well when I was dating my husband he fell in love for me first.
    The way the treated me was different from the other guys that I've met before. I end up falling in love with him because I was with him even tho I was not sure if he was the right guy. All I wanted was to avoid having sex so if things didn't work out.
    After our fist time I thought that we wouldn't talk anymore that had happened to me a couple of times, so I was scared but then he kept talking to me and wanting to be with me and that was a huge surprise...
    Guys fall harder

• No. Men report falling in love more quickly and more often than Woman. 3 x as often in a lifetime. They are also more reluctant to admit it / express it. Also how long it lasts was not mentioned.;p

Also consider this does not mean all the guys dating are secretly in love im sure lots if the love long are single and plenty if guys who claim they feel nothing it little really feel little. And the guy could be in love with a woman other than the one he is dating.

So this is not saying if he says he isn't it didn't show it he's in dial.

• I think that many men have a more difficult time identifying and showing their emotions than women. For this reason, I do think a lot of males have a more difficult time falling in love than women.

• it's pretty much been proven that men fall faster and harder. There's a reason why most relationships are ended by women. Men fall very hard for the girl they choose and even when the relationship is rocky they don't want things to end because of how strong their feelings were starting out. It would be biologically disadvantages if women fell faster and harder than men.

• That depends on the girl. There were girls at my friend's high school who probably had about 80 guys in love with them while most girls probably didn't have even one.

• I honestly thought it were the other way around. But no; you're probably just thinking it because girls more commonly speak about it when they are in love.
    I actually read somewhere sometime that guys fall in love much harder than girls do. Said nothing about faster or more likely, but harder.
    I do believe that a guy is less likely to wear his heart on his sleeve though, because of all the stigma around guys being tough and strong, but I think they fall in love just as easy as girls.

• Yes, men can fall in love as just deeply than any women can, when it is the right time. What I mean by time where the male reproductive system and his hormones are viewed differently than women because women's sexual health can be messy and low libido if she were to be a virgin still. Where-areas men have the "easy way out" of doing the business and to finishing up. A women will not experience an orgasm til their early 20's but to continue to have sex then. If she has her first orgasm and well as her partner, they will have this emotional bond aura. The same goes for men, for an example, (Sid Vicious- He was an idiot of a punk band The Sex Pistols and was invited to the band with zero experiences, Why? It's because his punky, dark, appearance made him well off most talked about in the UK at that time. Well anyways, he is someone you never see be cuddling up to miss baby face blondie. He was reported on smashing a girl's face against a brick wall for no apparent reason. But he was also influenced by his heroin addicted, schizophrenia girlfriend Nancy Spungent. But why her? Because the timing was right for Sid, because he was a virgin at the time and not her, she had an orgasm before with prostitution, so she does not have that emotional bond aura with Sid, unless attracted. After his first time, Sid was hooked on Nancy ever since. She would sleep with other men to support her habit and Sid would never think about any other women up until their breakup and eventually, death.) Men ruin their first times with temporary women, in unmanageable time and both women and men second guess their spouses low libido drive. Good biology subject, thanks! I hope I've helped. :)

• Research shows a man is more likely to say "I love you" in the first month of dating on average while females is 3 months.

• Yeah.. but when he does and if he is sincere he will fall harder for the woman as compared to the opposite case. But these days you just dont find sincere men who are on the lookout for real true love.. they just want one thing and we know what that is.

• nope

• yea... guys almost never show their feelings... this can be irritating

• I think it definitely depends on the person and not necessarily gender.

• it is not easier or hard for both of them we just need to meet the one and am talking about love not attraction because that is easy

• I guess

• Depends

• I had my opinion on this thought out but then I read all the answers and now I don't even know what to think...

• I don't think it happens as often for guys as it happens for girls.

• It depends on the person, but I think woman are more likely to fall quicker in love than guysz

• I think it only depends on the person

• Science actually shows men fall in love faster

• Yes, but when a guy falls for a girl he will likely fall hard.

• I iu

• Yes it is harder for a guy to fall in love

• it's easier actually for the guy.

• Depends on the girl and guy

• I think you didn't get that right. I am under the impression that women are the ones who cannot easily fall in love.

• I don't know I am not a man but being a woman from my own experiences I think that women catch feelings too quickly without getting to know the guy first. That is why we have problems keeping a man in our love life because we open them legs too early.

• Men secretly have a strong desire to be loved and to be complete with the "right woman". Sadly if we go around admitteding this women lose respect for us (usually subconsciously)

• It is that kind of thinking that actually causes the problems for women. You tie sex in with love, or ransoming sex for love sometimes. They don't have anything to do with each other. If sex was treated like it should be, it would help people grow closer together emotionally and physically. Men will respect a woman a lot more when she has sex when she feels the time is right, and not based on the number of dates or days on a calendar.

• well i was talking to my friend yesterday and she said boys fall in love faster than girls but I actually thinks girls do it faster and boys show it more because usually they are the ones chasing the girl.

• Yes. On some level, I don't believe most men want or are capable of falling in love. This is a belief that I've had since I was a little girl and I have absolutely no idea where it came from. Seriously, no clue. My parents have been together for over 30 years and are still madly in love and have a very loving relationship, but for some reason even that is not enough for me to believe most men want the same thing. But I will say that now that I'm older, I notice men tend to be much more distant and 'whatever' about relationships, whether it's a facade or not. Girls are much more open and eager to fall in love.

This isn't saying that some won't fall in love eventually. I just think they just aren't as eager for love and they don't desire it as much as a woman does.

• You should hear how guys talk about girls they're in love with or see a guy who just had things end with a girl he was in love with. We're all human and want the same thing. Believe me when I tell you that I want nothing more than to find my other half and I've been working my ass off and have gotten my heart toyed with and most of the time it's been me that's been more serious when dating/in a relationship.

• You're missing a major issue though, women don't like it when guys do this. I know you think they like it and that my comment is in no way ever going to persuade you otherwise, but it's true. I've learned the hard way several times as almost every guy out there that putting your cards on the table turns women off. First they like it since it's new and shiny, but after some time they pull away and the guy ends up chasing her out of his life. For the record, I'm not saying that guys should never tell a girl how he feels, just that a guy should leave some mystery to get the girl thinking about him so she puts in some effort as well which builds more attraction and is healthy for the relationship long term. That's just my 2 cents.

• @guy532 Actually, women do like that. You and other guys most likely do it too soon, which is the turn off.

• I believe so

• More from Girls
    1