Could you and your SO ( significant other) switch phones for a day, and not have anything to worry about?

Why did you select the answer you did?
Would there be fights? Arguments? Are you hiding anything?

• Yes
  • No
Select a gender to cast your vote:

1524

Most Helpful Guy

• Other than my customers not being able to reach me for support (which would be a considerable concern), and potential customers not being able to reach me, and some of my paid apps (which I use at my job) not being on her phone - in other words, outside of practical concerns, there would be no issue.

I have nothing I need to hide from her. I don't play those games - and I don't need to.

Most Helpful Girl

• Haha noooo. I mean, I'm not cheating or anything, but he'd see my conversations with my friends about him (including details of our sex life). All good things, mind you! But I'd prefer he didn't know that I'm a blabbermouth.

• Ahhh that's ok :) we "women" usually talk about that stuff with our girlfriends haha

What Guys Said 23

• aside from us not having our contacts it wouldn't be a problem. neither of us have anything to hide (well i should only speak for myself)

• I have a Droid and she has an iPhone, so it would be challenging for both of us, but I have nothing to hide from her. The only thing I ever hid from her was her surprise 65th birthday party!

• Well I wouldn't have anything to hide other than my group convos with friends 😂 it's nothing I say, but my freinds convos are riddled with cussing and crude jokes, lol

• I can give her my phones... but can she? xD

• if I had all my work numbers and work calls came to me yes... I don't have anything to hide in just self employed and all calls are extremely important

• Well obviously not referring to that :) but I meant the contents of your phone. The messages that MAY come through. Photos, social media log ins... the juicy stuff! Haha

• Wouldn't bother me at all

• Good answer my friend !👍

• I did this on accident with my ex, she left it in my work truck and I went to work. A whole lotta nothing happend and she didn't freak out so that's when I knew I could trust her more

• No, only because customers would be calling her asking her questions she has no fucking clue about.

• I have porn on it but I need her promise to NOT delete any of my files including porn. That would be a definite yes from me then.

• my phone has no passwords, so it's ok not to just change it but she can check it whenever she wants xD

• Yes and no. Yes, it would be a good idea because if you have nothing to hide there should not be an issue. However, no because there are some text messages us guys get from other guys that may be insulting to girls. But like I said its a yes and no answer based off of several reasons not just these examples. Guys will be guys enough said.

• "Guys will be guys" is a pretty pathetic excuse for being insulting to girls. I know that's not the main topic here, but just saying. It's pretty sad that having a penis is considered a legitimate excuse for being rude, disrespectful, or derogatory towards women. I certainly don't think that having a vagina make sure it okay for me to insult men.

• @Gonetowardthewind Well, if there's nothing that would upset your partner, then I can't see why it would be a problem for her to see your phone.

• @samhradh_leannan I'd let them see my phone, but sometimes there are conversations with my friends that they want to keep between us only, sometimes it's crude, sometimes its personal

• I would be fine but I doubt the girl would
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXRN_LkCa_o

• If i had a girlfriend she could switch phones with me
    and not have to worry about anything.

• I am perfectly fine with swapping phones, but I probably wouldn't while her phone is set in Japanese as I can't read it very well yet

• It wouldn't be a problem for me because there is nothing on my phone that I would feel uncomfortable about her seeing.

• Not at all, I'd end up losing hers

• I'm a rare case cuz I don't use my phone that much because I don't like to deal with people when I'm home

• Got nothing to hide here.

• I'm sure she'd have NO problem.

As for me, as long as I have GAG cleared from history, I'm fine.

• I'd never give my phone up. She can give hers, but I'm not giving mines 😂

• she'll most likely have a iPhone so no. But if we had similar phones like android yeah sure.

• I don't have nothing to hide and i believe she doesn't as well.

• Absolutely not. What about you?

• Any female who feels the need to have her SO phone is controlling and it has nothing to do with "something to hide".
    It's women who generally want to do this and they will make something out of nothing, so it isn't worth the headache, and if a female asked or insisted... she would be gone.

What Girls Said 14

• hi, i may be a complete idiot here and i admit im not a youth of today dealing with all this social media troublesome factor. on a basic note I've never snooped on a partners phone, of course I've seen it there and thought about it, the old saying eves droppers never hear good of themselves, stands true to me. if you look you will no doubt see something that will upset you, even a facebook friend or a text that at the time you are suspicious your mind will play you at best, so what do you do then? if you argue you have to admit youve looked, if you dont trust its no good simple fact, even at my age now i feel i would say to a new partner about giving up social media even at least for a time whilst you are learning and growing together, its takes so much from you without realising. creates doubt insecurity, trouble from others i see quite a bit, when a new partner has a tonne of gorgeous friends on facebook, omg the doubt it must cause... i can't tell you how much i sympathise with your generation... every bit of your time and attention given to social online media, facebook, twitter, instagram etc etc is precious time given to building something actually real in the real world, every moment and memory you make for real and feel in person is what you will remember and be glad of when you're older not checking your feed on facebook lol sorry mid age rant can't help it im passionate for your generation and see such a time of loss of connection in the personal sense, such detachment and that in turn has a great deal to do with the insecurities and cheating aspects. every moment this disconnection continues and grows stronger allows the powers that be to rule this world to destruction and mainly for their benefit because we are all distracted and looking and living our lives looking at little screens... WTF xx

• To my knowledge, there would be no issue. I'm not hiding anything. He has always been very open with his phone, so I don't think he is either.

• He doesn't have a phone but I'd be more than happy to give him my phone for a day, he uses it a lot of the time for games and stuff anyway.

• i never delete my messages and get a lot of random dudes messaging me on different social media apps. so he'd probably wonder why and we'd argue about it. i'd just rather not do it. lol

• I dont have anything to hide. I just have odd photos lol. Theyre mainly pictures of him or just daily pictures in my life. He cpuld search all he wants. He would find screenshots from past fights but, thats no problem either.

• Hahaha.. ditto with the screen shots!

• I have an album of them... in mid argument. ME- I remember when you did said this.."him--- I didn't say that"...
      BAM- SCREENSHOT! haha

• yessss gurl!

• Of course. We look at each other's phones all the time anyway.

• I agree! I would be open to it 100%. The only reason I have a password on my phone is in the event I loose my phone, everything I have is protected.

• yeah ahha we technically use each other phones anytime either way cause we have different apps hahaha

• i guess so, although it might be kinda awkward if my friend asks or talks to me (him) about him

• if this happen ide be single in a flash.. and im the one who will be breaking up with him...

• not hiding anything but if he can't trust me then we shouldn't be together

• He'll regret it though. I'll spam all his contacts lmao.

• I have to close all my internet page before XD

• Of course. I have got nothing to hide.

• Yeah we could switch and It would be fine but I don't know on his part but I think we would be fine. I don't think we would argue about anything.

• Do you think it wouldn't work on his part because he has things in his phone or because he would find things in yours?

• I don't think he has anything to hide and I don't have anything to hide.
      But what I am worried about is this girl that hates me and she knows him and she's a drug addict.
      She is the one I don't trust because she was on his phone once.