friends with benefits confusing? Does he want more?

Okay so I have asked a couple questions on here about a guy I'm suppose to be friends with benefits with at work, well he is so confusing. Basically I was under the assumption it was an friends with benefits relationship only. (Not saying I don't mind if he wanted more) but he texts me almost everyday, he will send kissy emojis, and he even told some people at work was going on. Some days he will work 2nd shift or have the night off and borrow my car while I work 3rds and come pick me up in the morning. We smoke together regularly as well. Some days he acts different and more standoffish as well. I've had friends with benefits relationship before and we never did any of this extra stuff, like text all the time or even hang out without having sex. He even changed oil in my car for and does extra things at work for me. I'm moving in a month 3 hours away and he knows that. I don't know if he wants more, or what. I don't usually text him first, because I don't want to start catching feelings or look needy. I don't want to ask him because I don't want things to get awkward between us because I like what we have. Is there anything I can do to try and figure it out without being so upfront about it.
friends with benefits confusing? Does he want more?
Add Opinion