Does it really matter if you're friends with your bf/gf/partner on Facebook?

Just curious. NOT happening to me or anything.

916

Most Helpful Guy

• I personally say "when you get into a relationship, Facebook should disappear from both of your lives. Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat or whatever you people are into will have a negative impact on your relationship. A phone call or text is more than enough." this even goes for you LDR with looking to be permanent Skype or something that is more directly to your loved one is the way to go.

Most Helpful Girl

• The only reason I use really use facebook is to add people who ask for my number and I don't know them well enough yet so I add them on there. I also leave it there incase people I have lost contact with or if someone lost my number they can still contact me. I don't have half of my family on there even though I still talk to them. I don't add everyone that I'm seeing on facebook all the time either and I don't make status's or add photos all the time.

Everyone uses facebook for different reasons and some people don't even use it that often if at all anymore so I don't think it's that big of a deal and just keeps things a bit more private between the two of you.

I think as long as you know that they aren't just keeping you of their page to be able to appear single to other people they want to try and cheat with then it's not really that big of a deal.

People need to stop putting so much into their online image and worrying about facebook and other social medias and focus on their relationship and how they feel rather then trying to impress everyone.

What Guys Said 15

• I think most people allow Facebook to have way too much impact on their feelings and lives. I don't wish to have everybody looking at my Facebook page and then deciding what I might mean by whatever. It's incredible how many people on GAG let that stuff get to them. Hell, a lot of people seem to spy on their SO to see if they are cheating. The guy gets a new friend and the girl thinks something is wrong. It's silly.

• Nope, not at all.
    Not to me at least but social media isn't something I regard as a priority. I only use Fbook to remember acquaintances birthdays.

If someone happens to be a "Just getting into my car." , "Look what I'm having for breakfast." , " I just took a huge dump." type of Facebook user and they aren't friends with their partner, then that's a bit suspicious. It's not a deal breaker but it's suspicious.

• it seems a little strange not to be friends iwth your partner on facebook. like why wouldn't you be?

• Nope, since I quit Farcebook years ago. Friends there were pointless anyway since most of them I didn't know from Adam. Couldn't dislike or hate something either. Forced to like everything even if you hate it? = fuck that stupid fascist website.

• Depends on how much you use social media. If you use it a lot, then it does matter. If not, then it doesn't. I hope I helped.

• thanks but like i said, i was just curious. it's not actually happening to me.

• Have a great day 😉.

• you too. 😊

• When partner /gf / boyfriend is using in day to day basis then it matters otherwise don't matter

• I got 2 exes on Instagram and one on Facebook. Not causing any problems

• nothing on Facebook matters.

• Why the fuck not

• I'm barely use social media so I'm good in that sense.

• facebook is for making friends all around the world, that's all. 80%

perhaps lover or something else 20%.

• no it does not matter

• no
    it doesn't matter

• nope... I don't think so...

• yeah!

What Girls Said 8

• If you have a Facebook account and your partner also has a Facebook account, why would you NOT want to be friends with them?

• I wasn't friends with him on facebook until maybe a year ago, maybe less? I didn't think it was a big deal at all, and we'd been together for over four years by that point.

• I don't really use Facebook anymore, so I guess it wouldn't matter.

• I'm not friends with my partner on Facebook, because I barely use it. I doubt it matters to her.

• Nah, like I've barely used my facebook for like 2 years, so any new guys never get an add regardless of how long we date!

• I mean, it's not a huge deal. However, I would like/prefer to be friends with them.

• For me, yeah. There are always thirsty bitches and I gotta show who he belongs to. If you are comfortable with his social circle, that is completely fine.

• It's kind of weird. Why wouldn't you two be friends on social media?