Did any of you marry your highschool sweetheart in the future?

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes I did. I married her 5 years after high school. She was wonderful and I fucked it up. She was a great wife and the marriage would have been awesome if I gave her a chance. But I fucked it up. The second girl I married was not as good as my high school sweetheart. That ended badly too.

I should have tried harder. I should have loved her like she loved me. I should not have treated her bad because she had a past before me.

What Guys Said 23

• I know of several couples who are high school sweethearts and got married. 5 of those couples were from when I went to high school. One of those couples got divorced a few years ago. Another of those couples ended after about 20 years about 15 years being married because the husband was killed on 9/11. The other 3 couples from high school are still together.
    I know of another couple who have been married about 25 years so far and they got married right after high school; they are about 10 years younger than me.

• I know a number of couples who have done that, including my parents in law. They will soon be together for 50 years.
    If you are with a girl that really feels right, marrying her (after school) is a smart move. It will become more difficult to find a good choice as you get older because usually the best people have already paired with someone.
    The trick is learning to be satisfied with what you have.
    ~JSmith

• I did not no but my uncle did marry his and they're still married to this day happily I might add.

• That was common, and it often worked out, 60 years ago.

These days, it is extremely uncommon for it to work out. The reason is because such couples usually marry soon after HS, before they have had a chance to grow into who they will become as adults and see other people.

I don't know any high school couples who married and are currently under the age of 50 who didn't divorce.

• my best friend did like 6 years ago. sjes a nice lady and i like her a lot, but i think he made a mistake and have the whole 6yrs.

• Married my first sweetheart in college. If that counts?

• Very hard to do that.

• No..

• No..

• Nope.

• didn't have one.

• I didn't even have one.

• Not marry yet, but for sure I will not marry any of my GF's from high school

• Holy shit, I'm glad I didn't !!!

• My Uncle and Aunt did. Still married and have 3 kids !

• my brother did. they lasted 8 years and then got a divorce last year

• Nope. Oh well, I've been out of school for 25 years, we'd be long-since divorced by now anyway.

• nope never had one.

• yeh sure...

• Yeah i have built my whole future around her and i will marry her 👍

• Nope, I never had one

• Out of my entire graduating class there was one couple that is getting married soon

• no, but i have been dating her since grade 11 (that was 4 years ago heheh)

What Girls Said 6

• No, went to different colleges. He went a year ahead of me and I moved away. Didn't work out.

• I had no sweetie in high school.

• No. I got away from him as soon as possible. College was my escape.

• You can't marry someone you never met

• No, I never dated anyone in highschool.

• That's barley a thing anymore.