I cuddled with my best guy friend even though I have a boyfriend - what should I do?

One night on a road trip, my friend and I were in the backseat, and somehow we ended up linking arms. Both of us were incredibly sleepy, so I don't remember all the details but later he gives me his jacket, offers to have me sleep on him, and then he holds me. I feel absolutely horrible, my boyfriend doesn't know, and I don't know what to do. My guy friend and my boyfriend are good friends and we are all in the same friend group.

Most Helpful Guy

• If your planning on staying with your boyfriend, I would think long and hard before telling him. If what you put in this post is all that happened, and nothing else happened at all and won't happen? then I wouldn't want to know about it. Sorry, but even being in the "backseat" is not an excuse for what happend. I have been in the backseat with people and fallen asleep and never ended up cuddling them. So honestly I don't buy that there isn't more to this story your not saying. If the guy is really a "friend", he isn't much of a friend. If you tell your "boyfriend" then it will 100% end that friendship. There is zero upside to saying anything. Unless you want to go after the guy you "cuddled". You are very very much in the wrong. Live with the guilt. And you should feel a lot of it.

Most Helpful Girl

• Tell your boyfriend about what you did. (preferably without the inclusion of things like 'we were incredibly sleepy' or that you don't remember all the details. Things like that just make it sounds like you don't even want to take much of the blame on yourself which would make telling your boyfriend in the first place make not much sense.)

• and as soon as she says all that "we were incredibly sleepy" she loses all credibility and I would stop believing her right then. don't make excuses.

What Guys Said 17

• Tell your boyfriend what happened and let your best guy friend know how you feel about what happened. When you your friend how you felt, also be clear to let them know that it was a one time thing and establish clear rules about this from now on.

• Gross, your boyfriend should dump you

• Irrelevant.

If I see a complete stranger who needs to be held, I will put my arms around her or him. (usually in the context of a tragedy or accident or something)

• Sometimes things happen out innocence. When you are really tired sometimes you can't think straight, in your case you dose off and fell asleep. As long you didn't kiss or has sex it's no big deal.

• I think your best guy friend was just being friendly with you and most likely didn't mean anything by cuddling with you.

• that's bad. don't tell the poor guy and never do this mistake ever again.

• Tell him but let him know it means nothing to you and if he says quit seeing the other guy say okay and cut ties.

• If your boyfriend did something like that, would you want him to tell you... and how would you react?
    Ask yourself those questions before younmake a decision on whether to tell him or not?

• Don't feel horrible! What happened was completely innocent.

• just forget everything like nothing happened and just talk normal to your friend guy don't give him chance to take on you... and next time just take care that such arms are not linking up

• come on now, it's not like you cheated on him!

• he was just being a gentleman to u, if I was in the same situation with a friend that was a woman I'd do the same exact thing.

• sounds like you might have some hidden feelings for this guy

• You are loyal and humble and that's a positive quality. Forgive yourself and never commit such type of deeds again.

• It's not important! Do not tell him or he will think badly. You have not done anything wrong.

• Awesome, now I can start cuddling with other girls since that's okay now

• You cheated on your boyfriend.
    That friend is a POS too.

• You should tell your boyfriend and he should beat up that guy friend, then you two should never be around that guy again.

• Shouldn't she get beat up, too?

She's the one that cheated.

What Girls Said 13

• Mention it in passing to your boyfriend, then ensure you don't put yourself in that position again. Set friendship boundaries

It's best to mention it , coz it''ll appear you had ulterior motives if he hears it from your guy friend

• If you felt horrible, you'd tell him not to hug you or refused to take his coat

• If you didn't kiss, who cares. Friends hanging out, and he was just nice to give you his jacket. If your boyfriend ever asks, just tell him that. Unless you like that friend, of course.

• I wonder if you would still be saying that if the guy was a long term boyfriend you were crazy about...

• @Truthatanycost It's the simplest solution. Personally, I've never cared much. But it will save her some explaining, and the guy won't get beaten up. :D

• It's not do much of a deal tbh don't worry about it. He wanted to give you his jacket, no problemo

• Just talk to him about it, reassure him that nothing happened, its better since your guy friend and your boyfriend are friends, it makes things easier to understand.

• I don't think its a big deal.

• I think you should definitely tell him because if you don't and his friend tells him it'll make it seem like you're guilty and there was more to it that you're hiding. When you do tell him make sure to accept responsibility because you're in the wrong and expect him to be upset. Put yourself in his shoes.. he's gonna think the worst of the situation so keep that in mind. Give him his space if he wants it and deal with the consequences of your actions.

• Also keep in mind that if you guys stay together after this he will be a bit skeptical for a while and he's allowed to be.

• You cuddled and nothing else it's completely fine

• ok you cuddled no big deal. Its not cheating. stop making a big deal out of nothing.

• just talk to your boyfriend about it.

• you two weren't kissing or something so it's not as big thing as you think and also not a tragedy

• Imagine your boyfriend doing this to another girl. I'd love to know how you'd feel and accept it...

• If you can honestly say to yourself that you have no romantic feelings for your guy friend, I think you are okay to move past it and just set clearer boundaries for you and your guy friend in the future