Can an Early person and a Late person have a successful Relationship?

Can an Early person and a Late person have a successful Relationship? My Mom is an Early person and would often tell my Dad to be somewhere 2 hrs before the scheduled time so he'd arrive on time. Otherwise he'd be late to everything. They made it 20 years before divorcing. Not solely because Dad was always late but it wears on early people none the less. What say you, Can an early person successfully coexist with a late person in a Relationship?

• Yes
  • No
  • Other/Results
    Vote C

124

Most Helpful Girl

• It's a little hard, but it's not impossible. I'm a wake up early and get things done kind of gal while my boyfriend is more of a late starter who likes to take his time. The thing that makes things all the worse is that we both like to stay up super late - like 2:00am late. So we go to sleep late and he likes to sleep in. However, I can run on like 2 hours of sleep and be ready to enjoy the day so waking up early isn't a hassle for me like it is for him. We both struggle with being on time though. I am better at it now, but still not the best and he's really forgetful so sometimes he'll be late to pick me up for something and it drives me insane. He's always willing to work on it though which is what is very important when it comes to relationships.

Most Helpful Guy

• I think it can be done. But be reasonable about it.

Seriously: why be two-hours early to an appointment? Why not 30 minutes? Either way, you're there ahead of schedule. With two-hours, you'll be spending a lot of time twiddling your thumbs until the appointment actually happens.

What Girls Said 11

• YES.

• I'm a major early bird (up @6-7am just about every morning, regardless of how late I went to bed at). My boyfriend is a late sleeper and we make it work.

I enjoy joining him for breakfast as I have my lunch. :P

• I couldn't be in a relationship with an unreliable person. It wouldn't work for me. I couldn't even be friends with an unreliable person. It's a deal-breaker for me.

• Its really freaking hard, we've had lots of fights, but we've finally found a way that works for us. He's not an early morning person by choice. He's a night owl like me, but this job is the best he can get right now.

• My mom always makes sure to be where she's needed before the scheduled time, about 10-15 minutes. My dad is ALWAYS late. ALWAYS! It doesn't matter how early he gets up, or how early we get him up. He can leave 30 minutes early, still arrives late. But they've been married for 20 years. Opposites balance each other out.

• Yes, but it will require effort and compromise on both sides.

• I think so, my boyfriend is a early sleeper like as soon as his head touches the pillow its lights out. But for me I can stay up all night..

• It's may lead to some kind of problems

• It depends on the relationship. Per usual the early bird can easily give romantic surprises to the late bird. Where is the late bird can make up for it later on the day.

• It's possible, but as he early person in all my relationships, it will drive you crazy that the other person is always late and making you late.

• yeah like two ships passing in the night or day

What Guys Said 3

• I think so

• I believe both types of persons can be successful together
    they just need to work on things together.

• Why not?