Should one person make most of the decisions in a relationship?

I've noticed my brother's wife makes most of the decisions in their relationship, do you think it should be that way? Should one person make most of them?

164

What Girls Said 16

• Every relationship has different dynamics, people find what works for them and if that means one makes the decisions then great.
    Personally we each have our strengths and a firmer attitude when it comes to making a decision within those strengths. So I'm better with money so seem to make most of our joint financial investments (after a discussion) and savings for bigger things.
    My husband is amazing at making decisions on what we'll do next... when to move, when to start a family, when to give up/change directions on one of our goals... things that I tend to get caught up on the emotional aspect of. It works for us, but wouldn't for everyone

• The one who should be making most of the decisions in a marriage is the husband, not the wife. It means that he is not taking up his authority as head of the household and has been emasculated by women. In other words, she's the boss and has the pants and he's wearing the skirt. And no, it's should not be just one person. But the man should make the final decision. When you're not married, it's a different story.

• What's wrong with a woman being the head of the household? Are you implying men are superior?

• I just can't seem to agree with you, you have very different views than me personally.

• All I can say is you'll know if you get married. Right now, you won't know until you go through it. Because you haven't experienced what marriage is about enough from either your parents and other people to know this. As I said, he's not fighting with her. So he won't do anything. I know about what kind of marriage he has. That's why I can speak on it.

• I think it depends on the couple and what works best for them. I believe a couple should be a team and discuss things together but I'm also old fashioned and believe in "the man of the house" in certain situations. Either way, a couple should have each other's back. Picking your battles is important too.

• I think decisions should be shared equally. But if one person cares a lot about something and the other person doesn't really care, the person who cares should make the decision.

• it should be equal i for one won't let someone make choices for me and i could never be with someone who couldn't stand up and say what they want!

• No. I believe two partners should be equal, inclusive of decision making. It keeps both partners from the feeling of being dominated or too dependent.

• I'm not a very good leader. So, I prefer a dominant man that will take the burdens on his shoulder and make the important decisions, but he will also accept my views and opinions and if necessary we will come to a decision together.

• I think it should be equal. Both should have interest and responsibilities in their decisions.

• Every relationship has different dynamics. What works for one won't for another. My parents growing up had a similar deal as your brother and sister in law, my Mom made most of the decisions and they both liked it that way. I personally gravitate towards a man who's in charge. I can make my own decisions and do but I do like to be bossed around a bit😉

• I like being bossed around a bit myself

• I think you should talk it over together

• It should be discussed b/t people and then com up with an agreement in my opinion

• both of them should make decisions, she has to make her own decisions and he has to make his own decisions, but she can influence the decisions she makes like giving her opinon on the certain decisions but she shouldn't be able to make decisions on his behalf.

• God no.

• I think he is letting her walk all over him because of some idiotic reason.

• It's because she's better than him at that sort of thing

• that is a possibility. I handle the finances in my relationship, but that doesn't mean I make most of the decisions. we work together making important decisions

• No, they should both take equal part in the relationship and make decisions together

• ofc no, both of them should

What Guys Said 4

• It should be pretty split but not "you make one decision i make the other" instead it should be "let's agree on some things, and for those we can't we won't force it

• never it's sort of like if it's your situation maybe you should make the decisions but you have a partner for a reason

• Yeah, the man should. Men have a brain.

• Your brother's wife is an asshole and your brother is a fucking pussy.

• I wouldn't say she's that, he said she's just better at that sort of thing than he is.