Why do people give partners their passwords?

I have often heared of and read that a lot of people give their passwords to their partners. In my opinion, this is not a sign of trust but rash and could cause more problems than it is supposed to prevent. However, what do you think about this? Have you ever given your passwords away and why? Why do people give partners their passwords?

1718

Most Helpful Girl

• My boyfriend and I have each others passwords because we borrow each others electronic devices and help each other with stuff. We are a team, and we trust each other. We don't snoop on each other and we're not hiding anything, so sharing that info is merely practical.

Anything that we don't help each other with, like financial accounts or health stuff, we have not shared passwords for.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE