How important is race to you when it comes to seriously dating someone?

If you are looking to get married eventually would you prefer someone of the same race? Mention your race too.

168311

Most Helpful Guy

• Race is important to everyone. here's why. ATTRACTION. We're all attracted to what we're attracted to. Green eyes? well, you're limited to mostly whites. If you like red hair, yep, mostly whites. If you like black hair, dark eyes, a full round butt you're geared more toward brazillian. If you like a HUGE booty you're not likely to be into an upper middle class white jogger.

Genetics - we're genetically predisposed to liking a certain body type. this means I myself like a B cup, small hips, flat tummy, SMALL butt, big butt.. no.. I like a more yellow tint to the skin, slight red but not required. Almost everyone shops for partners by this genetic shopping list... UNLESS, you want a trophy. Now I won't get into those who want trophies but many people date outside their own race because while claiming they're not limiting to one race they're really trying to upgrade their social status. Those trophies tend to look almost identical if you match hair, and skin color in almost all cases.

Few races have the exact same body types as a rule. Let's say someone likes D cup, Does that keep them "open to all" when an Asian girl shows up? Well, more than likely she's not going to have what his favorite feature is.

I think everyone likes people by race, BUT also people who feel they can't find their favorite race (due to limited chances of finding them) also allow themselves to open up to others.

• What are the trophies

• @mishabartun Something one is interested in because it holds a status. Malcolm X actually spoke about adjusting one's goals for status in an interview. so my use of the word trophy is finding person that holds an iconic status that others will see more value in the individual despite the fact it's not exactly what the person would normally want, be happy with or want to be pared up with for the raising of a family and sharing of their culture.

Most Helpful Girl

• Ideally, I want someone from the Mediterrenean since that's where i'm from.

I'm not too strict on which ethnicity specifically, but as long as the person is ethnically from mediterrenean country or looks like it, it would be my preference ( North African, Levantine, South European or Turkish mainly).

I'm Tunisian, which means i'm most likely mixed between different Mediterrenean populations, mostly Middle Eastern, Amazigh and Southern European.

The guy I like is Italian so even if he is not from the same ethnicity , his country is geocraphically very close to mine and his phenotype is very similar to mine, he's actually darker.

I want this because I would prefer it if my kids look similar to me and I have a preference to Mediterrenean cultures and landscape. Not to mention that men from those regions are the ones i find the most attractive.

• It mostly has to do with how similar the man looks like. I like my italian guy because he shares a similar type of phenotype than me. I wouldn't really want to be with an Italian who is too blonde, and I wouldn't want to be with a Blonde Tunisian (unless he still has some mediterrenean look to him).

For me, the most handsome men are:
      Kinda Tall
      Olive skin tone, not too dark, not too light. Even if he is light, I want him to have a warm undertone.
      Caucasian facial bone structure
      Dark hair that isn't kinky nor extremely straight.

• @HonestWhiteGuy I'm not considered white though because I'm not Euorpean

• @ElissaDido Hmm well when you get the DNA test you will know for sure, we'll see whos right :D I know that in the U. S. they use the term "Non White Hispanic" to refer to White Hispanic people that have Spaniard ancestors.