Should I tell my long distance "friend" how I feel about him?

So I've been talking to this guy on snapchat (who lives in a different country than me) for almost three months now. We talk basically everyday. In the beginning, we would flirt a lot with each other, but now it's to the point where it's just a winky face or a sly comment every once in a while. It's basically just an average friendship at this point. Now that our friendship is actually staring to get serious, I feel like I'm starting to actually catch feelings for him. Anyways, when I graduate in two years, I plan on flying to where he lives to meet him in person (he thinks I'm just coming to tour). The thing is, if it weren't for him, I wouldn't be saving my paychecks to buy a $2000 ticket to get there. Should I tell him how I feel about him? If I told him and he was fine with it or even if he felt the same, I would continue to save so that I could fly out to him. But if I told him and I made him feel uncomfortable and he doesn't see me like that, then what's the point in saving honestly? I hope you see where I'm coming from. By all means, I want to see him if he feels the same or not, but if I tell him and he doesn't see me like that, I'll be feeling awkward asf while I'm there and he probably would be too. So my question is, should I tell him that I'm catching feelings for him or just keep it to myself? Also, any advice?

813

Most Helpful Guy

• I was the same. I met a girl from snapchat and we were talkinf every day. Time zones were shit as i was awake until 4am to talk to her on Skype. We would play music and it really was powerful. We had so much feelings for eachother and didn't tell. I got a ticket to Canada after i graduated school to be with her. It was so good. I was so in love with her. I moved to america which was 800km awau from her but i drove to her every second week and spent 3 days with her. We broke up after i moved to Ireland as long distance doesn't work. If you are willing to move to where he lives then tell him. If you aren't and tell him, yous won't be speaking in 4 months

• I would be willing to move to where he lives if we shared the same feelings and if he felt comfortable with me living where he's at. But im only 16 so I don't know what's gonna happen. So I should tell him?

• Your 16! Too young. People change. It won't last i promise you. Sc:countryroads1 if you want to talk more

Most Helpful Girl

• I was in a committed 3 year relationship, of which the last one year was long distance relationship. And I didn't even bother to move to Germany to not jeopardize my career even though I was 25 and ready to get married and settle down. It makes me laugh you met someone you have no idea of on an app which is used to send nudes and masturbation videos, then you catch feelings (cyber feelings) within 3 months, and now thinking of moving to his country if he shares the same feelings. Lol. Go get a life first at that age, build something for yourself, then think about a guy near you. Not someone who is thousands miles away that you never had any kind of physical connection yet.

I wonder if there is a single normal smart girl on this website who can think things through based on their age and what great things life will over within a year or two or three, and not waste their youth on useless online things.

What Guys Said 12

• If there's a plan set in stone I'd tell him worst he could do is wanna stay friends and you'd save the money. If then plans not finalized I'd wait because, you two would become more serious on something that isn't even physical yet.

• I haven't bought the tickets yet because it's too early, however we already are making plans on where we'll go and stuff. So should I tell him?

• Yea, i think itd be wise before making a large purchase

• That's a good point. Thanks

• You should definitely tell him

• Oml you really think so?

• Well, would you like to remain friends with him forever and never know if you guys could be together, or would you rather let him know (it might hurt the friendship) but you could be his girlfriend

• Yeah you're so right. Thanks!

• You are 16. You have no clue what you're going to feel in 2 years. It's good that you have plans, but it's madness to assume that you're not going to change how you feel in the next two years.

• Tell him, you have nothing to lose, when he says no then fine, you were just texting and you have enough money to go to another trip or do something else

• Saw her as a young lady and decent, though in a bar, we were introduced. That doesn’t diminish her value to me; the venue of any meet isn’t imperative, but the attitude after the meet. Gave her benefits of doubts, we drove out and headed to another joint, it is Friday, my girl isn’t home, had to make some mint friends and here is this lady (Mary) all pretty and all outgoing though shallow intellectually. Wondering if beauty without brain is the new “cool” in town. Wanting to kill my boredom with discussion yet she couldn’t give me the groove I needed, we took it to alcohol, she gave it to me. Drinking and snapping picture, cool ambience and nice environment are the few materials a “slay queen needs” with a bottle of premium and top notch spirit…. she is good to go. Mary went literary, snapping away and sipping away. https://etimes. com. ng/single-men-ask-good-girls-going-extinct-lagos/

• Yes.

• If this is like catfish the tv show make sure the guy your talking to is REALLY a GUY ( MALE) cause you never know trust me you have to hear his voice & see his face on camera

• Yeah we send video snaps and pics all the time haha he's legit

• Lol that’s good & maybe you should ask him if you wanna meet up

• Tell him bout your feelings
    I bet he feels somewhat similar

• Yes u should

• Why doesn't he fly to you instead

• Yes you should be it's to late

• Yeah definitely tell him your feelings.. and if he likes you to he will understand

What Girls Said 7

• Tell him but you should be ready that 2 years is a long time and your feelings might change or you might get bored.

• Don't bother. Trust me. I did flew to a different country to meet a guy I felt like this for. And it was a waste of time.

• You should tell him. I think it's always best to be open and honest about this stuff. Don't do it if you aren't 100% comfortable doing it though

• I would say to go there and see what happens. If he doesn’t feel the same at least you got to visit a new place. If you don’t go you’ll always be wondering.

• There is nothing wrong with expressing your feelings. It would be good to find out now rather than later.

• Haha I liked a guy in a different country as well. But I actually video chatted him and stuff. I'm 18 he's 20. We spoke for three months and I was sure I loved him. Turns out I don't. I wanted to save to visit him 800$ but things went south. I thought I'd never get over him but five days down the line and bam😐 I think in two years you're bound I can make u this promise. You'll be over him

• Never deny your feelings always tell