Most Helpful Guy
It is individual choice. You can decide your opinion based on this points.
Why Age Doesn’t Matter
1. Your sex life. An older lover can teach you a lot and maybe even match your stamina. If the sexual chemistry is there, it’s there regardless of the age gap.
2. Meeting family. Your dad was going to grill whoever it was that you brought home for Christmas, so your older partner might do better than the last six sweethearts since he might have more in common with your parents.
3. Financial stability. Hopefully, both you and your older partner are financially stable. However, even if you’re not (or she’s not) as longer as you’re not dependent on the other for getting your bills paid then it won’t add strain to your relationship.
4. Politics. If you disagree with someone’s politics, it doesn’t mean that you’re not attracted to them. In this case, you have options. You can engage in a lively debate on topics you care about in hopes of swaying your boyfriend with your young idealism, or you can agree to disagree.
5. Living together. You’re still going to have to figure out the important things, like if you sleep with the window open or closed or if you put the lid back on the toothpaste, but once you get the essentials figured out, the age gap won’t even factor into it.
6. Common interests. These are shared regardless of age, which is probably why you were attracted to this person in the first place. Enjoy these and find more together!
7. Social media. Non-millennials (as in people over 40) are all over all the social media these days. It’s the teenagers and all their new-fangled apps that I can’t keep up with. Also, if your partner isn’t super plugged in, maybe that will help you unplug a little too, which might not be a bad thing.
Why Age DOES Matter
1. Children. If your partner feels like they’re too old to have kids and you want them, this can be a deal breaker. From his perspective, it can already be challenging to be mistaken for your partner’s dad, and being confused for your kid’s grandparent is just as bad, if not worse.
2. Friends. If their friends are mostly their age, this could be alienating for you. If it’s important to you to be friends with your partner’s friends, then try to find common ground.
- Show AllShow Less
Most Helpful Girl
Under 10 years is not bad, 15-30 is kinda pushing it. I'm not referring to the love part by the way... the older person is losing it, slowing down and will most likely die first. Who wants to spend another two decades back in square 1?