Which would make you feel more valued?

If your partner wanted to do something special for you (food related haha) which would appeal to you more and why?

• Someone investing a lot of effort to cook an amazing meal for you
  • Someone investing a lot of money for a meal in an exclusive restaurant?
Effort could be relative though... if your partner cooked dinner every single night for years, but didn’t have much money so scrimped and saved to take you out which would have more value 😛

1124

Most Helpful Guy

• Spam Musabi is probably what she would do...
    i.pinimg.com/.../...--spam-recipes-spam-musubi.jpg

• Is this really a thing people eat? I saw this in Hawaii for the first time and didn’t get it lol

• 😂 oh great boobies. You’re ridiculous

Most Helpful Girl

• Our taste in food is so different, that I would appreciate more if we went out for a meal so that we both could get a meal we like a lot. When we cook together, we have to make compromises every time. It's not about the fact that he would pay, I could pay for my meal, no problem, but just to get a nice dinner together is really nice.

What Guys Said 23

• I love to cook, so I'd be more impressed by a partner who is also a great cook, maybe got the ingredients together for a cool new recipe and had me play assistant. I like to do the reverse too.

• There both cool but i think i would cook all the good foods you have all the healthy choices right now and go out and get a side job or go pick up beer cans whatever it takes and save that up and take the the person out two really nice place

• gourmet food is good and all, but I like to eat. Shoot i'll be happy with Mac&cheese. If a girl cooks for me i'm pleased.

• more valued? option A no fckin doubt.
    although, going to a restaraunt could could feel more special than eating at home cause you dress nice to go outside and sit along other nicely dressed strangers in a fancy place with a nice atmosphere.

• Cooking for me. There's a personal touch to it. I feel much more valued

• Its pretty romantic to cook food for partner and serve by own

• A, the way to my heart is through knowing your way around a frying pan

• A for the win! A FTW!!
    A and I will consider marrying you.

• I would like someone investing a lot of effort to cook food whether it tastes good or bad it doesn't matter the thing is there's love in that one thing in that one effort

• A 😁

• Home Made always wins...

• Cooking a delicious meal for your SO is so appreciated !! Love it !!

• Cooking a meal for your partner is so sexy

• Quality of a meal comes down to the quality of the ingredients.
    Any chef who claims otherwise thinks too highly of his involvement in food preparation.

For that reason I'd simply choose whichever option involves higher rate ingredients, which would probably be the option B.

• While I agree that option B is better, I don't agree with the quality of ingredients argument. I strongly believe in technique. Some of the greatest dishes of the world have came about because someone found a way to take the cheapest, least sought-after cuts and turned them into something amazing.

I do believe that the best meal experiences that I've ever had started with the best ingredients, but I also don't believe that great food experiences revolve around $250 tasting menus. I mean, I like those types of meals -- a lot -- but I consider those types of meals (which basically are an amalgam of the best ingredients made with the finest technique) to be more entertainment than anything else.

• AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

• A - every single time.

• Are we looking for gold diggers with the second part? I'm going with option A, someone who ivested time.

• I press by accident cause i don't understand at first but i click the correct one.

Of course it's the effort. Effort by a love one matter more and taste more nicer. Plus if she's a good cook 😋.

• With the update.

It is the latter. The correct answer is obvious. 😊.
      Sorry 😋.

• I vote for A

• If your partner cooks for you though he/she had never done it before

• I don't cook for women.

• The monetary option.

The reason is that money is a reflection of work converted to time and furthermore the fact that it is at a restaurant means that they're also converting their real time into effort for me as well. When someone cooks at home first they may not actually buy the groceries so that reduces effort inherently, second if they're just following a recipe that actually greatly reduces effort in the personal sense and finally they get to do so often at home which is a reduction in real-time commitment. All the while they can brag that they used a knife and a timer and that it was "hard".

What Girls Said 10

• Even it was some simple meal that may ultimately taste horrible, I would value them trying to cook something for me. It's time an effort put into making something special for you. Not to say planning a elegant date doesn't hold any value, it just just holds slightly less in my opinion.

• Yep u r right and there's also the love of the person in that food too

• They basically made a hole in my face and put the bottom piece in that holds the top on. It was uncomfortable but not painful and it doesn't hurt at all now

• 😫😫😫😫😫 hole on my face can't imagine😣😣😣😣

• For me, anyone can take a person to a resturant and have trained people make an amazing meal, all they are doing is flipping the bill. To make the meal yourself and put your own time and effort into it, makes it much more appreciative.

• Both are equally amazing haha!
    The good thing about Money, is that he can take you to a restaurant with an amazing view or atmosphere.
    But if he cooks, and let's say he hates cooking, it will be so cute !

• A for sure.. I'd love to stay home and have a lovely dinner with my boyfriend and then we can move on to dessert pretty fast if we're already home ;) if you know what I mean

• him cookin

• i voted A

• Cook for me. I don’t like going out to eat.

• DUH
    but
    I vote C = it tastes out of this world and "there's more where that came from"

• I choose option A I dont want a guy spending a lot of money on a exclusive meal at a restaurant plus option A is more romantic and more thoughtful it shows me that he is investing his time in me by preparing and cooking a home cooked meal

• Both are