Girls do you like knowing your man will protect you from physical harm should the need arise?

Is this something most girls like in their partner?

contrarily would it turn you off if you knew he wouldn't protect you from harm?

• Yes it makes me more attracted to my partner
  • No it doesn't matter
  • See results (for guys)
    Vote C

313

Most Helpful Girl

• If i had a partner and they didn't at least try protect me i'd honestly assume they didn't care about me.

Most Helpful Guy

• Many years ago, I was with my then-girlfriend in Lisbon, and this greasy gypsy ratboy started pestering us to buy dope (that could well have been rabbit shit) from him.

When we declined, he decided to help himself to a feel of her arse, so I decked him. A friendly waiter saw what happened, and proceeded to help me fill this odious little shit in. The good thing is, in a place like that, the police will never, ever take his side of it. In retrospect, I was lucky he didn't pull a knife, but the red mist had descended, and I didn't think about that.

Anyway, yes, she seemed to be deeply grateful for this.

What Girls Said 30

• I guess it'd be nice to know that he'd do his best to protect me since I'd do the same for him however I could. At the same time, being willing to protect me is different from being aggressive and violent though so one is admirable, the other is a big issue.

• yes ✔️
    it means he isn't coward to get involved in a confrontation.
    i remember that this was one of the main reasons i didn't date one of my friends.
    ◽ we were playing billiard, 4 of us, 3 girl n he. a drunk guy from other team came to my girlfriend, she got scared - and my friend didn't do much to protect her. in the end i had to send home the guy.
    pretty lame

• I do like that in a partner. I'd do the same for him to the best of my ability.

• I have blind fate in my own ability to deal with situations like that which makes me think that I don't need a man to do it for me. That's obviously bullshit but I don't think I'd find them more attractive if I knew they could protect me. I'd say it doesn't matter to me.

• you don't think its a subconscious thing you feel towards a guy you like?

• It might be. I haven't really figured out what kind of guys I like so it's hard to determine what my subconscious thinks about men.

• Yes. Its nice to feel save next to my partner. Females are physically weaker than males and their instincts tell them to look for someone who could protect them. Same as guys got an instinct to protect his girl.

• I do like to feel protected. My boyfriend is super protective. It's a turn on

• My husband is literally the best fighter I've ever known personally. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't attracted to his abilities.

• Absolutely! And I’ve seen him in action.

• I’m indifferent when it comes to that

• Yes, him being all manly and protective is so masculine and will definitely make me blush (on the inside), and make me feel safe.

• Yes. Its probably more a factor in my mind than id like, but yes for sure.

• Obviously. Protecting each other in the best way we can is key.

• Yes. 100% attractive!

• Possibly one of the top factors of attraction. It's something I always catch my self briefly considering when weighing up if I like a guy. I think it's subconciously inbuilt.

• With my husband being a fireman, I know I will always have peace of mind in being safe and secure.

• If that feeling wasn't there do you think you wouldn't find him attractive?

• ok.. well im just trying to nail down that one of the major things you find attractive about him is knowing he'd protect you?

• I like to think of it as being a huge lovely bonus really.

• I find it sexy yes! I like when he tells me that he'll protect me. But I also say the same thing too. "I got chu babe, I'll protect you in anyway!"

• Yes. He’s a very intimating looking. I know in almost any physical alterations he would stop at nothing to protect me. I don’t expect his help unless I need it. I’m stubborn but I have a big mouth. I’ve caused havoc and he’s always backed me up.

• I think it is nice when a guy can protect you. But it wouldn't change my feelings towards him.

• Of course. Last thing I wanna do is feel helpless with a guy.

• I wholeheartedly don't give a shit.

• so lets say you were in danger and your man did nothing to protect you... how'd you feel?

• I'd be upset because I wouldn't think twice before trying to help him, but I'd expect help from him as someone who cares about me, not specifically because he's my boyfriend. Hence why it's not a turn on/off for me or comes into question when I'm dating someone.

• Always nice to see a rational opinion.

• I am pretty confident my guy would. But he works nights a lot. I do have a pocket knife just in case, and we also have a cane with a sword in it. So not completely helpless

• Yes it makes me more attracted to my partner.

• Yes, I find it very comforting.

• Yes. I like protective guys. But I don't want him to try to fight people for dumb reasons. Like if another guy simply glances at me I don't want my boyfriend to punch him. I just like knowing that he could protect me from any real danger.

• It's not necessary & a guy acting all protective would actually be a turn-off.

• yeah in some ways

• Yes. I do

• Well its nice to know he can should I need to. But not a requirement.

• Yes. It's sexy

• Sure. But not if they overdo it. Being over protective / possessive is a problem.

What Guys Said 2

• From a guy's point of view, it's a delightful obligation. I'm the kind of guy who liked you ensure my girlfriend is safe, nourished and just okay as a whole.

• Of course dude. Men are suppose to protect their woman from evil.